Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

What the heck is up with CNN?  I realize some Trump fan bought into them and rearranged their editorial policies to be more fair to Orange assholes.  This story isn't even a blip on their radar.

edit: searched and found on the website

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/23/politics/fbi-official-charles-mcgonigal/index.html

Edited by romad1

12 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Yeah, I have no idea how that isn't a bigger story.

It isn't just the fact that it isnt a bigger story for me - it's that you really have to dig deep into the story before reading or hearing about the connections to Paul Manafort.

Seems like important context that should be included a little more prominently 

Edited by mtutiger

47 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It isn't just the fact that it isnt a bigger story for me - it's that you really have to dig deep into the story before reading or hearing about the connections to Paul Manafort.

Seems like important context that should be included a little more prominently 

Somebody wants this story to die. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 7:03 PM, 1984Echoes said:

I have a different US response: Send 4-8 Abrams to Ukraine now.

It breaks the ice for Germany.

They don't have to actually use the Abrams, at least not right away. They are not stupid. Send them to Ukraine with the agreement that they will not use them until a later date. When they have the time to do proper training. For now, keep them west of Lvov, near the Polish border. At the end of the summer, after they've kicked Russia out of Ukrainian territory, they'll have the time to train, to understand the difficult logistical support that the Abrams requires, and how to utilize them in a mixed military filled with all manner of weaponry supplied from all over western civilization.

But this easier than rocket science to me: just break the fucking ice and stop letting Germany use the lack of Abrams sent to Ukraine as an excuse to block the sending of hundreds of German Leopard tanks that Ukraine needs to fight Russia and every country wants to send them...

IMO.

Thank you:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-closer-approving-significant-number-171842255.html

30 Abrams?! Holy crap!!!

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

And Germany then approves sending its OWN Leopards? (Not just approving other countries' pledges...):

this is fine. Ukraine can make a show of running a few Abrams around and then use the rest for fixed defenses if they have to while they climbe the learning curve - but if it unsticks the coordination of the larger international effort we can live with a move that creates some suboptimal logistics

Edited by gehringer_2

32 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

this is fine. Ukraine can make a show of running a few Abrams around and then use the rest for fixed defenses if they have to while they climbe the learning curve - but if it unsticks the coordination of the larger international effort we can live with a move that creates some suboptimal logistics

I would hold them in Kiev and then rush them north if Russia makes a play for Kiev (swooping in from Byelorussia).

14 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I would hold them in Kiev and then rush them north if Russia makes a play for Kiev (swooping in from Byelorussia).

Beyond the supply line and turbine maintenance expertise required, another issue with Abrams is that they are a 60 ton tank -  they won't be moving around much in any spring mud! USDOD analysis about their suitability for the task is probably spot on, but you do what ya gotta do.

Edited by gehringer_2

As someone who studied the Russian/Soviet procurement process in the past...this amuses me

They spend the money but their technology isn't any good unless they stole it from someone.  Likely with the help of some profiteering crap in Western countries.