Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I believe the Ukrainians just obliterated 130 Russian tanks and APC's in a Russian attack on Vuhledar (I didn't see the exact date/ time of attack... I'm assuming the last few hours or so...). That's been one of the latest key battlegrounds, outside of Bakhmut.

Russians are making the exact same mistakes they did against Kiev. Walking right into the teeth of ambushes, single file, and getting picked off left & right...

Edited by 1984Echoes

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

I believe the Ukrainians just obliterated 130 Russian tanks and APC's in a Russian attack on Vuhledar (I didn't see the exact date/ time of attack... I'm assuming the last few hours or so...). That's been one of the latest key battlegrounds, outside of Bakhmut.

Russians are making the exact same mistakes they did against Kiev. Walking right into the teeth of ambushes, single file, and getting picked off left & right...

Evidence? no doubting you. But Ukraine throws out some lofty numbers of KIA Russians. Most analyst think they are inflated. It is also hard to tell, fog of war and all that.

Early news flash so we'll see what kind of evidence comes out...

But also, satellites have been excellent at showing battlefield damage, and confirming most, if not all, of Ukrainian wins against equipment (not going to be the same with personnel... obviously a much more difficult confirmation...).

7 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

b6y9sr2pyska1.jpg

but the payoff is bigger in terms of pulling the teeth of an adversary that traditionally generates a lot of the rest of the  defense budget. To the degree that it also leverages the Euros into a more active defense posture it could reduce our long term burden there as well, though whether Euro current rhetoric will be followed by concrete Euro spending is certainly still an open question.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

but the payoff is bigger in terms of pulling the teeth of an adversary that traditionally generates a lot of the rest of the  defense budget.

Why does Russia have to be an adversary? The US would be better served interweaving Russia and Europe to create economic dependence on each other. But that failed miserably.

One positive of this war is that we’ve confirmed that years or neglect and corruption have made a paper tiger of the once feared Russian military.  

Nobody ever wants to find out and the stakes are much too high for a game of nuclear chicken but do we really even think their nukes work anymore?  Nothing else functions at the levels that we assumed previously, so why would the nuclear program be any different.   

48 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

b6y9sr2pyska1.jpg

This is a bullshit chart.

We were in Afghanistan for over 20 years, 2001 to 2022.

And we spent well over a trillion dollars over there  not just on the military, but on reconstruction, and rampant Afghani corruption. Siphoning billions and billions into warlord pockets.

The Biden policy of fighting this war in Ukraine is exactly what could have happened if the British and French had backed Czechoslovakia over the Sudetenland.   We could have slowed Germany down and prevented the fall of France.  It would have bought time for the allies to rearm (like we are doing now) so we are ready for Taiwan and any further moves by Putin.   Biden, Blinken, Sullivan, Milley, Austin know their business.  But, really this is on Biden who has literally more foreign policy knowledge in his pinky than Donald Trump has in his entire bloated corpus.

59 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

Why does Russia have to be an adversary? ...

PS: One more answer:

Because Putin has MADE them an enemy to the West, to Democracy, to the U.S., and others.

Putin has specifically expressed his hatred for the United States. You know this, correct? Just asking. I can google specific quotes from Putin and provide them here if you need them.

He's attacked several countries militarily, runs a fascist dictatorship in a country that is a lethal threat to everyone in the world, cyber-attacked multiple European countries and America, attacked all of our democracies through election interference and cyberattacks. Etc.

Is this not clear? How much Putin HATES us?

I think it should be pretty blatant at this point. Don't you agree? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Your link