10/05/2022 4:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

casimir

18 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

If I am correct, this game matters.  It is a MUST LOSE game for us.  If we win and Texas loses, Texas will be the 6th team and included in the 1-6 draft pick lottery and we will be left with pick #7.

Not quite from my understanding.  The lottery only determines picks 1-6 but every non postseason team is eligible to be one of those picks.  Not much variance according to this chart between 6th and 7th place.

Screen+Shot+2022-09-05+at+2.28.01+PM.png

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

Not quite from my understanding.  The lottery only determines picks 1-6 but every non postseason team is eligible to be one of those picks.  Not much variance according to this chart between 6th and 7th place.

Screen+Shot+2022-09-05+at+2.28.01+PM.png

I would assume you are correct, not me.  So, everyone else should assume you are correct too.  🙂

7 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

which means we'll win this game, because, it's 2022.  Anyone feeling sad about the season ending?  I'm relieved to get this behind us--one of the worst seasons I've endured over 45 years of being a Tigers fan.  Probably because expectations were a bit higher.

yes and no.  I will miss the near daily activity of watching a tiger game even if i'm only watching with academic interest.  Emotional investment is there but its vestigial and needs to be reignited with things which appear to be building toward our next championship run and not the panicked need to retain any and all bad trade pieces to reinforce that no bad trades were ever made. 

Watching the Tigers in 2022 is like having a kid who did quite well in high school so after graduating in 2016 you were fine with him taking a gap year to figure out his future. Now it’s 6 years later, he’s 24, and he is still crashing in his childhood bedroom and playing video games all day, having accomplished very little in the intervening years. 

• Haha 3

The weird thing is once mid August and September hit I watched more games attended on a regular basis than the beginning of the season.  Seems like things winded down for me and the weather was decent.  I went to 3 games last week, plus a Mud Hens game.  Because of that I will miss them.

Yeah I always get a little sad as well even more so than other sports despite baseball not being my favorite one.

Im sure part of that is knowing winter is coming which I hate but also due to the fact that unlike other sports the Tigers are on virtually every night so it becomes a routine to turn on the tv at game time every night.

Also baseball offseason seems to take longer than every other sport, I blame that though on the fact that the NBA and NFL basically get covered year round by the national media as it seems some news story is always happening where as baseballl gets put on the backburner until spring training. 

Edited by RandyMarsh