Biden's presidency

ewsieg

I think Biden is doing a fantastic job.  Old Sleepy Joe (OSJ) is exactly what we needed after the chaos of 2017-2021.    The only "scandals" are some shit about his son that happened a long time ago, and really isn't much of a scandal,  the whole balloon thing,  well, he shot it down, Trump did not - 3 times.   To me, that whole nonsense is more Spy vs. Spy than anything else (if you are young look it up) and really, to me the biggest scandal, if you can call it that, is the airline computer meltdown, but I don't really blame Joe or Pete for that.     

Inflation?     Well, that's a worldwide problem.      And it's funny...........most people want a higher wage and want people to get paid better...........and to ween ourselves away from relying on Chinese goods.    Well, OSJ is making those moves, but since we actually try to pay a reasonable wage for manufacturing in this country,  if you want to shut out China, it's going to cost you more for the products. 

And I find it ironic that the guy who bitched about Old Sleepy Joe the and gave him the nickname is only 3 years younger and will be older than Biden in 2024 when he runs for President, than Biden was in 2020.   Isn't it ironic?  Yeah, I really do think.  

Plus he is surgical with this Social Security/Medicare issue.  Even Mitch McConnell is siding with him on that.     

I'll take Old Sleepy Joe over Con Man Game Show Host who is not a Billionaire any day.  

I knew he was a fraud back in the 80s.  He was just an annoyance then. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've muted her, blocked her, and done the same for a lot of people and it has made my twitter experience so much better.  We just don't need to see it anymore.  I think the more people that do that the better off it'll be.  That may piss off Elon (i've done the same to him) and they'll complain about "traffic". but whatever.

Just do it.  Some of the journos too.  I'm on their side most of the time but just go ahead and spend a few minutes blocking/muting shit.  The "For You" tab is great to spot it.

The boy from Scranton, Working Class Joe, siding with big rail corporations over working people and local communities. The Biden Administration is about to side with Norfolk Southern over working people and communities who are victims of rail disasters and over employees who worked for a rail corporation.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

I've muted her, blocked her, and done the same for a lot of people and it has made my twitter experience so much better.  We just don't need to see it anymore.  I think the more people that do that the better off it'll be.  That may piss off Elon (i've done the same to him) and they'll complain about "traffic". but whatever.

Just do it.  Some of the journos too.  I'm on their side most of the time but just go ahead and spend a few minutes blocking/muting shit.  The "For You" tab is great to spot it.

I am not on Twitter, so muting, etc. not an issue for me. 🙂

But, reading stories/news reports of her means that this person,( who sits on the congressional committees that allow her access to top secret government issues ) is relevant. And as a person of relevance who has called for the impeachment of a president, AND dissolving this union, we all ought to be paying attention, and wonder why those in her party are not raising their voices.

Make no mistake about it…. she is relevant.

17 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I am not on Twitter, so muting, etc. not an issue for me. 🙂

But, reading stories/news reports of her means that this person,( who sits on the congressional committees that allow her access to top secret government issues ) is relevant. And as a person of relevance who has called for the impeachment of a president, AND dissolving this union, we all ought to be paying attention, and wonder why those in her party are not raising their voices.

Make no mistake about it…. she is relevant.

Her saying these things is just her method of being an influencer, she's no different than people on tiktok and other similar social media platforms who do things just for attention. She knew that tweet would cause a shit storm.  Nothing will happen to her. She's just throwing shit at the wall.

All these grifters like this.  

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Her saying these things is just her method of being an influencer, she's no different than people on tiktok and other similar social media platforms who do things just for attention. She knew that tweet would cause a shit storm.  Nothing will happen to her. She's just throwing shit at the wall.

All these grifters like this.  

She's stupid and repulsive, and it's important to respond to her nonsense and ridicule it the way people are doing.  You can't just let it sit out there unchallenged.

29 minutes ago, oblong said:

But they're not going to see the response. Nobody who needs to see the response will see it.  The worst thing for these people is to be ignored.

Sure didn’t make Trump go away.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s best ON TWITTER to just ignore, and not respond, however, I don’t believe that ignoring her antics and letting her ridiculous lies and statements go without counterpoints and pushback is wise. 
She is a menace to our democracy, and should be acknowledged as such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I’m not disagreeing that it’s best ON TWITTER to just ignore, and not respond, however, I don’t believe that ignoring her antics and letting her ridiculous lies and statements go without counterpoints and pushback is wise. 

When in his life has Trump ever been ignored?  He has acted out and gotten attention for 75 years.  

24 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I agree, she's not just a social media influencer, she's an actual member of Congress. One who sits on the House Homeland Security Committee, FFS. And she's basically advocating an Unconstitutional and, frankly, anti-American position in her capacity as such.

In terms of social media backlash, I sort of get what Rob is saying, she's trying to draw attention/outrage because it's her brand and she won't care what anyone on MTS thinks. But because of her capacity in Congress, members of the media are fully within their right and they should be asking questions of Kevin McCarthy daily why someone in her position is allowed to serve on committees or even be in Congress while advocating such a position. 

• Thanks 2

Also, regarding the position she advocates, it's not going to happen and she knows it.

But I gotta say, as someone whose politics runs in the opposite direction of the state that one lives in, it's pretty annoying when people advocate secession. i would even say the same thing for Republicans who live in states like Illinois or California, people are often born into a place and can't just easily drop everything and move just because of politics. Or they move to a place because they got a job and politics didn't cross their mind when they did that...

They shouldn't be forced to accept a "divorce" and the end of their country because of some crazy partisan jackwagons and their inability to tolerate people with differing viewpoints. Anyone who advocates such a position is someone who has an unhealthy relationship with politics, to put it midly.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Thanks 1

The media can report on it. They can ask McCarthy about it. Nothing will happen. We’ve been in a phase in politics where nothing that is said matters anymore.  

She could announce on the house floor that blacks should be slaves again and nothing will happen to her.  The people that disagree will yell at her.  It will make them feel better.  But she won’t be punished. 

Is Georgia a red or blue state?  Voted for Biden. Has 2 dem senators.