The 118th United States Congress

mtutiger

13 minutes ago, pfife said:

so..... the next option is trump, right?  lol

I would think it's the guy who covered up the abuse and sexual assault of college athletes, Gym Jordan. Maybe McHenry but I think Gym has the most votes as of now. I still can't see Biden district Republicans voting for him, but he's not the lead now I would think.

12 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I would think it's the guy who covered up the abuse and sexual assault of college athletes, Gym Jordan. Maybe McHenry but I think Gym has the most votes as of now. I still can't see Biden district Republicans voting for him, but he's not the lead now I would think.

Jordan has apparently been running a charm offensive to moderates saying that as a leader he will take on the mantle of representing the interests of the whole party. IMHO, they will believe that to their peril. :classic_dry:

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Jordan has apparently been running a charm offensive to moderates saying that as a leader he will take on the mantle of representing the interests of the whole party. IMHO, they will believe that to their peril. :classic_dry:

Yep. Gym is going to cater to the impeachment crowd and likely double down on the pointless Hunter Biden and Joe Biden investigations. Gym's just going to be a speaker that runs interference for Trump and try to taint Joe Biden.

12 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Who designed this ridiculous process?  Was it "the Framers", as Sam Waterston used to call them?  Is it embedded in your constitution?

It's not a ridiculous process if a Party has all of its heads on straight.

Which has been 100% true the past 230 years.

Until this year and the Republican Party.

52 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Who designed this ridiculous process?  Was it "the Framers", as Sam Waterston used to call them?  Is it embedded in your constitution?

TBF, you can get a Parliamentary system's panties in a bunch as well spending weeks trying to form coalition governments when no outright majority prevails. But Ronz is more correct than not, the mess in Washington is just a symptom of a generalized decay of the fundamental social contract in the US. Enough people today believe the system is broken enough that they've stopping caring if it's cared for. Their problem is their lack of imagination about how much worse their lives will get once they decide that expending the effort to fix what they have isn't worth their time to them.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 2