Random Randomness.

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You been hanging out with Randy Johnson?

Well, a few of the folks I cohabitate with have been complaining about a mourning dove.  Originally I thought it might be the doing of a hawk, but now I'm casting a wider net of suspicion.

24 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I am guessing he did not win any cutest baby contests?

Boban has been in the league 9 seasons, his total time on the court is still less than starter's minutes for a single season. And he's  pocketed $40M. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Boban has been in the league 9 seasons, his total time on the court is still less than starter's minutes for a single season. And he's  pocketed $40M. 

Not a bad livin'.

I drove by the new DETROIT sign on I 94 yesterday on the way to the game and from the freeway it looks good.  Don't let the still photographs from across the freeway fool you.  They did a fine job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I drove by the new DETROIT sign on I 94 yesterday on the way to the game and from the freeway it looks good.  Don't let the still photographs from across the freeway fool you.  They did a fine job.

I had not even heard about this sign until it was done, but if the concept art is what they were advertising then they did a crap job.  It looks about 6-7 times smaller than what the concept shown.  This is not a pumped up big mac on tv and a flat crap patty at McD's...this is a bait and switch.  It is just a principle thing for me.  I am sick of people just being ok with being lied to.

When they showed the concept art it wasn't intended to be what it would look like, especially since that view didn't exist. There's no hill from a freeway with the RenCen in full view like that.   The goal was to have a sign on the way to Detroit from the airport.  The issue is once you get into Detroit you are below grade and that's your options.  THey could have put something up I guess in Allen Park/Dearborn along I 94 but whatever....

The point is the still photos they were showing made it look bad but when you drive by it going east it looks ok.

On 12/6/2023 at 12:58 PM, Deleterious said:

I hate her with a passion for some reason and she was not funny to me at all.  But I recognize her importance in TV.  I just think Desi gets the shaft since a lot of what is credited to her was done by him.

The reason is because she was not funny!

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:09 PM, Deleterious said:

The Cheers set.

th5bp8rh3fbc1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=668397d73

We were in Boston last summer.  Saw the exterior of Cheers.  There was a line to get in and I knew that the real inside wasn't like TV, so declined to check it out.