Random Randomness.

I think I read something that it's still over a year from opening?

As an aside, my son was involved with the remediation of the land on the US side of the new bridge. He was basically supervising the cleanup of the property making sure it met standards. Basically most of not all the buildings that used to be there were just bull dozed over. He said it wasn't unusual to go several feet down and pull up parts of a mattress or such.

28 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I think I read something that it's still over a year from opening?

As an aside, my son was involved with the remediation of the land on the US side of the new bridge. He was basically supervising the cleanup of the property making sure it met standards. Basically most of not all the buildings that used to be there were just bull dozed over. He said it wasn't unusual to go several feet down and pull up parts of a mattress or such.

The pandemic slowed things down they say.... sourcing materials and safety issues, etc.

I 75 is so different now in that area.  As soon as you pass the Rouge bridge going north.  There are some good spots in River Rouge to get nice views of it.  There's a park hidden in an industrial area.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oblong said:

The pandemic slowed things down they say.... sourcing materials and safety issues, etc.

I 75 is so different now in that area.  As soon as you pass the Rouge bridge going north.  There are some good spots in River Rouge to get nice views of it.  There's a park hidden in an industrial area.  

I can imagine. His time there was largely during the pandemic, mostly working out of his truck making regular visits to the site. 

It will be interesting to see how much traffic changes on the Windsor side.  I went to a friend's house in LaSalle to drop my wife off so they could go to Toronto for the weekend.  So a trip there twice in 4 days.  I can see why they wanted to do this and paid for it up front.  The new bridge will go right to the 401.  The Ambassador makes you drive a few KM before connecting.  Logic says the trucks will go on the new bridge.  But Maroun owns a lot of trucks.  He wants that toll money.

Endeavor is going on permanent display in the stacked position with the tank and SRB’s attached.  They are stacking it first then building the new museum around it. Going to a few years.  

some friends are going to visit their son tomorrow at USC, which is across the street.  Trying to find a way to sneak my way with them. 

This was one second after Charles Rocket intentionally dropped an F-Bomb at the close of Saturday Night Live in February 1981.    Charlene Tilton of "Dallas" was the host, so they did a send up of Who Shot J.R.  (Who Shot C.R.).   When they all gathered on stage Charles said "I've never been shot before, I wanna know who f***'ing did it"      The reactions are precious.  Eddie Murphy  and Denny Dillon (the blonde lady in the front) were clearly stunned,  Matthew Laurence found it hysterically funny and so did members of Prince's band. 

Season 6 is considered, by far, the worst in the show's long history.   Lorne Michaels had left and his second in command, Jean Doumanian , took over.    After one more dismal episode Doumanian, Rocket, Ann Risley and Gilbert Gottfirend (on the right with the glasses) all got canned.   **** Ebersol took over and after a month the re-tooled show played a couple more episodes before a writer's strike ended the season. 

Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo were the only cast members from Season 6 to return for Season 7.    

Charles Rocket went on to continue acting, but severely damaged his career this night.  He wanted to get out of his contract with SNL, but wasn't thinking beyond.   He got bit parts (the kidnapper in Dumb & Dumber), but never really became the star that people thought he'd become.   He was a bright spot in that dismal season.  The Rocket Report segments were pretty good. 

May be an image of 5 people, fringe, blonde hair and television

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This was one second after Charles Rocket intentionally dropped an F-Bomb at the close of Saturday Night Live in February 1981.    Charlene Tilton of "Dallas" was the host, so they did a send up of Who Shot J.R.  (Who Shot C.R.).   When they all gathered on stage Charles said "I've never been shot before, I wanna know who f***'ing did it"      The reactions are precious.  Eddie Murphy  and Denny Dillon (the blonde lady in the front) were clearly stunned,  Matthew Laurence found it hysterically funny and so did members of Prince's band. 

Season 6 is considered, by far, the worst in the show's long history.   Lorne Michaels had left and his second in command, Jean Doumanian , took over.    After one more dismal episode Doumanian, Rocket, Ann Risley and Gilbert Gottfirend (on the right with the glasses) all got canned.   **** Ebersol took over and after a month the re-tooled show played a couple more episodes before a writer's strike ended the season. 

Eddie Murphy and Joe Piscopo were the only cast members from Season 6 to return for Season 7.    

Charles Rocket went on to continue acting, but severely damaged his career this night.  He wanted to get out of his contract with SNL, but wasn't thinking beyond.   He got bit parts (the kidnapper in Dumb & Dumber), but never really became the star that people thought he'd become.   He was a bright spot in that dismal season.  The Rocket Report segments were pretty good. 

May be an image of 5 people, fringe, blonde hair and television

Rocket later killed himself. Went out into a field and cut his own throat. Gruesome.  Wonder what his deal was because I think he had the chops to succeed.  That group had no chance.  But I think the worst season was Lornes first one back… with Anthony Michael Hall and Downey Jr.  there was also the last year in th mid 90s of that crew, before Ferrell and Co came in. I think 94-95.  

Sometimes 2024 is pretty swell.

Our router took a dump today at 12:30pm. It had been a little wonky the last couple of weeks or so, losing its connection for 30-60 seconds several times a day before restoring. I had been looking at getting a new router probably this week, but the old guy forced the issue by passing on, being no more, ceasing to be, expiring and going to meet its Maker, bereft of life, resting in peace, running down the curtain and joining the choir invisible—in short, becoming an ex-router.

So I hopped on Amazon to find a similar router, which I did, and purchased it at about 12:35pm. The delivery was supposed to take place same day between 2pm and 6pm. It arrived, in fact, at 2:40pm.

I got it out of the box, followed the quick setup instructions, had it effectively hooked up to the modem by 3:00pm. Fired up the router app, which I already had on my phone, finished the setup sequence there, and by 3:15pm, it was fully, completely, 100% operational. And bonus: because I bought the same brand router and used the same SSID and password, all the other devices in the house that had been hooked up to the old router automatically hooked up to this one. No need to even set those up again,

So, in about the time of an average MLB game. at least during the 2023 season, my old router had died and my new router was already operational, and I didn't even have to leave the house to go get it.

Pretty swell!

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Sometimes 2024 is pretty swell.

Our router took a dump today at 12:30pm. It had been a little wonky the last couple of weeks or so, losing its connection for 30-60 seconds several times a day before restoring. I had been looking at getting a new router probably this week, but the old guy forced the issue by passing on, being no more, ceasing to be, expiring and going to meet its Maker, bereft of life, resting in peace, running down the curtain and joining the choir invisible—in short, becoming an ex-router.

So I hopped on Amazon to find a similar router, which I did, and purchased it at about 12:35pm. The delivery was supposed to take place same day between 2pm and 6pm. It arrived, in fact, at 2:40pm.

I got it out of the box, followed the quick setup instructions, had it effectively hooked up to the modem by 3:00pm. Fired up the router app, which I already had on my phone, finished the setup sequence there, and by 3:15pm, it was fully, completely, 100% operational. And bonus: because I bought the same brand router and used the same SSID and password, all the other devices in the house that had been hooked up to the old router automatically hooked up to this one. No need to even set those up again,

So, in about the time of an average MLB game. at least during the 2023 season, my old router had died and my new router was already operational, and I didn't even have to leave the house to go get it.

Pretty swell!

Just hope the new one doesn't start pining for the fiords.

I can’t believe it.

I tested positive for Covid this morning. I have been able to avoid it for 4 years… but here it is. Bummer.

Killer headache, high fever (& I never run a fever.. unusual for me), head congestion.

right now, not taking any medication, really, just something for the fever. But my doctor asked me to call them tomorrow morning, and if I feel worse than I feel today, she’ll prescribe something. I’d just prefer not having to take an antiviral, …I’d kinda like to see this through on my own. But, i’ll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

I am just surprised… I felt like I’d just never get it. 😕

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I can’t believe it.

I tested positive for Covid this morning. I have been able to avoid it for 4 years… but here it is. Bummer.

Killer headache, high fever (& I never run a fever.. unusual for me), head congestion.

right now, not taking any medication, really, just something for the fever. But my doctor asked me to call them tomorrow morning, and if I feel worse than I feel today, she’ll prescribe something. I’d just prefer not having to take an antiviral, …I’d kinda like to see this through on my own. But, i’ll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

Good luck sister 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I can’t believe it.

Get better Sue. 

• Like 1