2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

Just now, Hongbit said:

I’ve already shared my issues with PFF rankings but these are just dumb.    Seriously, how much value can you put in a ranking of all NFL rookies that doesn’t have Micah Parsons at #1.   Their rankings are essentially clickbait at this point.  

They have a separate list for most valuable but unfortunately it's behind a paywall. Fwiw I think Mac Jones was the most valuable just cause how important the qb position is.

One more thing about PFF ratings, they maybe great to measure how a player does in a vacuum but they don't necessarily correlate to the impact they made on the field. 

For instance if a WR runs a great route and gets open he gets a positive grade even if the QB misses him and throws to somebody else or the pass is incomplete due to a bad throw. So theoretically he could run 30 great routes and get 30 positive plays and a high grade but end up with 0 catches. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pff put out their top 15 highest graded rookies and St. Brown was 6th overall and Sewell 11th. 

On a down note I'm still kinda upset that we passed on JOK in the 2nd who was 15th overall on that list. Ill give Holmes a pass on that though cause apparently he had some medical issues that scared teams off but boy if we would've taken him instead of Levi this draft would have been an even bigger home run. 

To be fair, I think the jury is still out on Levi. He is transitioning roles a bit in the NFL, but he still had some really good games (though was bullied in others).

I am hopeful for what a full off-season will bring.

If they take one at this point Im hoping it's Howell. I feel like he was put in a bad situation this year with all the talent that UNC lost.

He still showed flashes of his ability that made him the top qb coming into the season and potential top 5 pick but he made too many mistakes which has hurt his stock. I like to think alot of those mistakes were from trying to do the proverbial too much with the football. Early in the season he was getting destroyed due to the terrible o line so I think he started forcing throws and things in general. 

With that said Im not completely sold on him and like every other qb this year I think there is a good chance they dont amount to anything better than just an average starter but if they feel they have to take one I think Howell may be the best option. 

Sam Howell made a poor choice of schools.   He’s probably never even met Mitchell Trubisky but they look so similar on tape running around and use their legs to make plays in the powder blue jerseys.    They said the same things about the talent level around him as for why Mitch didn’t win more games at UNC.  

Edited by Hongbit

There's definitely a good chance he ends up no better than Trubisky but I feel the same way about the rest of the qbs that potentially will be available with the Rams pick which is why I would pass if it was me. 

Just saying that IF they go the route I think Howell has the best shot at being a plus qb, he may not have the upside of a Willis but I think he has a better chance of reaching his upside which may be a borderline top 10 guy if all the stars align. 

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

There's definitely a good chance he ends up no better than Trubisky but I feel the same way about the rest of the qbs that potentially will be available with the Rams pick which is why I would pass if it was me. 

Just saying that IF they go the route I think Howell has the best shot at being a plus qb, he may not have the upside of a Willis but I think he has a better chance of reaching his upside which may be a borderline top 10 guy if all the stars align. 

Howell is much more experienced.  Trubisky was really a one year wonder that declared after having started only 1 year.    I do think the similarities may scare some teams since Howell didn’t have a great season.  Had he played better than I think any comparisons would’ve been just fan talk.   

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Kipers latest mock has us taking Thibs and Sam Howell. On a side note he has Willis as the first QB off the board at 11 to Washington. Also has Pickett and Corrall in the top 20.

i'd be fine with that.  then take a receiver.

but i dont think howell lasts that long.  too many teams need qbs.

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If the Eagles called you up and said they would trade you picks #15 and #16 plus a future pick for #2 overall would you do it?

I would assuming the future pick is a 1st rounder. I'm not sold on the Eagles being a good team next year. Three 1st rounders this year plus the 2nd pick of the 2nd round could be four starters and you have three 1sts next year if you needed to trade for a QB. 

Id do that trade in a heartbeat. We'd have 4 of the top 34 picks this year as well as 3 first rounders next year. 

We could potentially get 4 good players this year, then next year with the 3 1st round picks have the ammunition needed to move up in the draft to take a premium qb if we want to go that direction. 

51 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If the Eagles called you up and said they would trade you picks #15 and #16 plus a future pick for #2 overall would you do it?

going from 2 to 15 is a LOOOOOOOOONG drop.  has anyone ever dropped that far in round one?  you better come with multiple future #1s.

in other words, it would never happen.  

24 minutes ago, buddha said:

going from 2 to 15 is a LOOOOOOOOONG drop.  has anyone ever dropped that far in round one?  you better come with multiple future #1s.

in other words, it would never happen.  

Miami traded 3 for 12 and netted three 1st round picks. Eagles have 3 1st round picks this year and 1 next year. I would gladly trade the 2nd for all 4. I would think I would do the 2nd for 2 this year and a 1st next year and maybe some mid level picks mixed in. 

Most years I wouldnt want to drop that far but if you go by all the pundits grades the guys at 1 and 2 are in the low 90s just like guys in the teens and twenties so it's all about value. 

Usually you have a 97 or 98 at the top 2 or 3 and by 15 it drops to 92 or 93 but not this year. I think the highest grade I've seen for KT and Hutch is 94 which is only marginally better than the mid to late 1st round guys are graded. So if you can pick up a couple extra 1sts and a mid round pick to get a player of equal skill level why wouldn't you do it?

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Most years I wouldnt want to drop that far but if you go by all the pundits grades the guys at 1 and 2 are in the low 90s just like guys in the teens and twenties so it's all about value. 

Usually you have a 97 or 98 at the top 2 or 3 and by 15 it drops to 92 or 93 but not this year. I think the highest grade I've seen for KT and Hutch is 94 which is only marginally better than the mid to late 1st round guys are graded. So if you can pick up a couple extra 1sts and a mid round pick to get a player of equal skill level why wouldn't you do it?

That and the fact I don't think Philadelphia will be good next year. That future 1st could be a top 10 pick. Could be worth rolling the dice on. The Giants went from 11 to 20 last year and this year ended up getting the 7th overall pick. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

This group players too far together. It's never that close. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

That and the fact I don't think Philadelphia will be good next year. That future 1st could be a top 10 pick. Could be worth rolling the dice on. The Giants went from 11 to 20 last year and this year ended up getting the 7th overall pick. 

11 is a lot different than 2