2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

On 12/31/2021 at 10:05 PM, Jason_R said:

Taking a QB every year until you find one is the definition of NFL purgatory. 

People who think this is a weak quarterback draft are deluded to the fact they think they can predict how a quarterback is going to adjust to the NFL.  Relative to other quarterback drafts, it is pretty much impossible to predict how this qb draft will turn out.  Especially when you consider there is no obvious number 1 who is a relatively safe bet.  

This year's QB draft class is most akin to 2013 or 2014.

In 2013, EJ Manuel came off the board at 1.16, Geno Smith at 2.39, Mike Glennon at 3.73, and no one else noteworthy.

In 2014, Bortles came off the board at 1.3, Manziel at 1.22, Bridgewater at 1.32, Carr at 2.36, Jimmy G at 2.62, and no one else noteworthy.

Every year since has at least one or two QBs emerge as the clear frontrunner to be taken early in the first round. I wouldn't want any of those QBs taken in 13 or 14.

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

This year's QB draft class is most akin to 2013 or 2014.

In 2013, EJ Manuel came off the board at 1.16, Geno Smith at 2.39, Mike Glennon at 3.73, and no one else noteworthy.

In 2014, Bortles came off the board at 1.3, Manziel at 1.22, Bridgewater at 1.32, Carr at 2.36, Jimmy G at 2.62, and no one else noteworthy.

Every year since has at least one or two QBs emerge as the clear frontrunner to be taken early in the first round. I wouldn't want any of those QBs taken in 13 or 14.

I would be willing to go with Derek Carr. I would like to see what he could do on a more functional team. 

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would be willing to go with Derek Carr. I would like to see what he could do on a more functional team. 

He's surprised me this year. We might get to see your wish next year if Rodgers goes to Vegas and takes Hackett with him. Who knows where Carr would end up after that, he's only got one year left on his current deal.

8 minutes ago, sagnam said:

Who did the Jets trade 2 top 10 picks for?!?!?

They get the Seahawks pick for Jamal Adams. Unlike us who's future picks will probably both be in the mid 20s or later they got fortunate and the team they traded with sucked the following year. 

Edit: nevermind  you meant who would they draft if they traded the two top 10 picks  not who they traded to get two top 10 picks. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 1

you can mess with the settings on those pff mock drafts and get really stupid results, like the jags taking corral at 1 or the jets trading up into the top 2 to take kenny pickett.

its fun because it lets you do a lot of stupid trades that would never happen, but its even more unrealistic than most mock draft sims, and that's saying something.

Is Kenny Pickett all that and a bag of potato chips? Or is he just the QB that is getting pumped this year?

I see Walter Football mocking him to the Lions, and I don't mind the thought of picking up the future at QB and WR in round one. Would give the team a year to know what they have waiting in the wings before Goff's dead money number comes way down. 

6 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Is Kenny Pickett all that and a bag of potato chips? Or is he just the QB that is getting pumped this year?

I see Walter Football mocking him to the Lions, and I don't mind the thought of picking up the future at QB and WR in round one. Would give the team a year to know what they have waiting in the wings before Goff's dead money number comes way down. 

Honestly I'm just disappointed that he isn't a CB.  I mean, can there be a more perfect name for a cornerback?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TP_Fan said:

2nd overall pick.  Overall, a good season. Lots of optimism and everyone across the league pumping campbells tires.

Edge rusher and some wide receivers.  Looks like one more year of Goff. 

I know I am in the minority but spending a high draft pick on a receiver is not my first choice.  They do need another guy but I think this team needs to be great on defense with the quarterback situation what it is.  They are on their way to having a great offensive line.  They should be spending their capital and resources in the offseason on defense as much as possible.  

I don't know what Chris Godwin would cost but I would love to get him on a 1 year deal at a reasonable deal.  

Edited by Hart

1 hour ago, Hart said:

I know I am in the minority but spending a high draft pick on a receiver is not my first choice.  They do need another guy but I think this team needs to be great on defense with the quarterback situation what it is.  They are on their way to having a great offensive line.  They should be spending their capital and resources in the offseason on defense as much as possible.  

I don't know what Chris Godwin would cost but I would love to get him on a 1 year deal at a reasonable deal.  

You to use the rams pick, or at the bare minimum, our 2nd rd pick on a receiver. I’d use both picks probably.  Depends on what we do in free agency too.