Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

Alabama basketball Brandon Miller, who supplied a gun that wound up being used in the murder of a young woman, and is getting away with it (because he claimed he had no idea a crime would be committed) thought it would be a good idea during the player introductions Saturday to mimic a police pat down.   The crowd thought it was great.     This country is so fucking sick.  

21 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The way I read it is they didn't just clear snow off of their cars, they deliberately blew it on to his property.  But it didn't look like that and it was mentioned they threw snow in his yard.   I don't know why throwing snow into a yard would even bother anyone, but throwing or blowing it on to someone's driveway or walk after they had cleared it - yeah, that would be a total dick move. 

It’s an aggressive sign of disrespect, and in many cultures, that simply cannot go unanswered.

Was that DD's wife or daughter?

I went to a pretty big school and would often have classes on different parts of campus ten minutes apart. Single entry queuing in the buildings when you have to book it a half mile just makes that impractical.  Plus, somebody who wants to shoot things up will be able to do so regardless. Just snag the badge of a victim and get your access.

40 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Was that DD's wife or daughter?

I went to a pretty big school and would often have classes on different parts of campus ten minutes apart. Single entry queuing in the buildings when you have to book it a half mile just makes that impractical.  Plus, somebody who wants to shoot things up will be able to do so regardless. Just snag the badge of a victim and get your access.

I think it's his wife.... "25 year" refers to her tenure, not her age

43 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I am trying to understand these "community notes" functions (You have to open the tweet to see). Even though I respect what Mr. Hogg stands for this statement does not hold true.

I think its Elon being butthurt.   He slapped one of those on Ralph Nader when he said Tesla was heavily subsidized (obviously true).

• Like 1

So, I apparently have to do some compliance to accord with the most recent ruling on gun braces.  My MAGA idiot coworker was trying to lord this over me.  I'm like...so, your saying this might slow down the guy who shot up MSU from doing the same with an AR type weapon? 

Whatever,  I can get a new upper receiver that is the correct length and be in compliance no problem. 

21 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I love Jon Stewart and I think he wins this overall on the merits of the ideas and words, but I gotta admit the legislator wins on temperament. I was wondering whether Stewart was slightly losing it because the legislator was so calm, maybe because the guy also looked so face-punchingly smug while reiterating his insane talking points.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Maybe there should be a whole other thread for this snuff garbage.

so seeing a crime committed and understanding the consequences is considered snuff.
I bring this up because how about the times when there is no camera and it’s woman’s word against the man only? 6 months for a brutal attack seems light.

Maybe if we shed light on lack of justice we can make things better. Nobody had a problem sharing Tyre Nichols being brutally murdered. Two different issues I know. Getting a little personal but my Aunt got that shit kicked out of her in front of my cousins multiple times. That POS never served more than a weekend locked up.

21 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

so seeing a crime committed and understanding the consequences is considered snuff.
I bring this up because how about the times when there is no camera and it’s woman’s word against the man only? 6 months for a brutal attack seems light.

Maybe if we shed light on lack of justice we can make things better. Nobody had a problem sharing Tyre Nichols being brutally murdered. Two different issues I know. Getting a little personal but my Aunt got that shit kicked out of her in front of my cousins multiple times. That POS never served more than a weekend locked up.

I’m saddened to hear of your aunt’s predicament. I hope she’s all right.

This is the second blood-curdling violent crime that’s been posted here in just a few days, so I’m just suggesting if that’s gonna become a thing here, maybe set aside a thread dedicated to it. Or maybe counterbalance the hate by posting a video of two people making love.