Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

16 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Change will never happen as long as a good chunk of politicians don’t want it to. That NRA money will always be more important than the lives of the innocent. If the needle hasn’t moved yet, it won’t any time soon unless a lot of these people are voted out. And I don’t see that happening. So wash, rinse, and repeat. 

Has anything changed from (1) any of the mass shootings previous and/or (2) the traitorous insurrection which directly affected a lot of politicians? 

Its a ridiculous parallel because one is a real scenario to deal with and another is just entertainment, but the gun culture is a lot like instant replay in football.  The 2nd amendment is the rule/play in question and is argued about from whatever side people are on.  The gun culture is what it is.  Until enough people in power start to feel the pain of these incidents directly from a personal standpoint, the play won't be overturned, there will be no significant change.  And even then, these people will likely ignore the obvious and stick their head in the sand because of some faux principle of holding up an amendment that some slave owning politician thought over 2 centuries ago back when life couldn't even contemplate consider any non white male as an equal human being.  Its really just that simple.

I remain hopeful that something can be done. There are millions of young people affected just by lock down drills, not even considering actual events. It may take another decade, but perhaps my future grandchildren will look at those drills they way I thought of "duck and cover" drills, a weird thing, way in the past.

But this is true, for now at least

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

I expect Fox News to report on how bad things are in Ron DeShantis's Florida?  Wasn't he just up on in NY bragging about FL's lack of crime?

I had a conversation about this on Twitter. I pointed out Jacksonville has a homicide rate 4 times higher than New York. Their response was that Jacksonville has twice the land area. I was like land doesn't kill people. Their next response was that New York spends way more on policing than Jacksonville, so I was like oh it's Republicans defunding police and not liberals? Next response was you have been blocked. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

He had a "lengthy history" or run ins with the law including gun chargers.  HE'S ONLY 19 !     HEY RON, WHY THE FUCK WAS HE OUT IN PUBLIC?     WHY THE FUCK WASN'T HE LOCKED UP?      How many people do you think Florida has locked up right now for non-violent drug possession.    Overcrowded in the prisons?   Don't give a shit, if people are going to live like animals when they have freedom, then they should live like animals in prison.    This guy, like the MSU shooter, had no business being out.    19 and a lengthy history.     Hey Ron, maybe you should stop worrying about immigrants who just want jobs and start focusing on your violent fucked up state.     

But, the drag queens, what about the drag queens, the real danger in Florida, right?   

And I still want to know how the MSU shooter got his gun.   Who gave it to him, lent it to him or sold it to him.   Whomever that is needs to be charged with Accessory To Murder.     If someone has to come to you to get a gun because they can't buy it themselves, then you should be on the hook when they use it.    That includes gun shows and independent gun dealers.  Fuck them.  I've had enough of their bullshit.  They've had too many chances to do the right thing and they go for the money instead.  Time for them to pay.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics