Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Blue states should outright ban guns

Yeah - I don't think things will change unless a large enough number of states get to together to force a Constitutional Crisis. As long as you have a gun control president who refuses to call out the army against the states. I can imagine we  might get chaos in a lot of police departments when 2A supporting cops argue they should refuse to follow state law......

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - I don't think things will change unless a large enough number of states get to together to force a Constitutional Crisis. As long as you have a gun control president who refuses to call out the army against the states. I can imagine we  might get chaos in a lot of police departments when 2A supporting cops argue they should refuse to follow state law......

It knocks me out that any cop would be a 2A absolutist, as though he would prefer that the civilian crowd he is monitoring for trouble all be carrying concealed weapons rather than being unarmed.

The wife, an MSU alumn is really upset that the RW response to all this is to lock down the campus and make everyone badge into the classes because that is the only thing anyone can actually agree to do.  

and that is cowardice.  

Edited by romad1

19 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The wife, an MSU alumn is really upset that the RW response to all this is to lock down the campus and make everyone badge into the classes because that is the only thing anyone can actually agree to do.  

and that is cowardice.  

The RW's amnesia services again, forgetting about UVa where the murderer was a student.

46 minutes ago, romad1 said:

and that is cowardice.  

That was pretty much the Uvalde playbook....

51 minutes ago, romad1 said:

and that is cowardice.  

Give me liberty or give me death. Unless we can decrease the chance of being shot by 5 or 10%. In that case, forget liberty and give me lockdowns. 

The keycard / points of egress discussion is kinda like mental health and shouldn't be taken as a serious proposition until we actually see the appetite to fork over the money to the thousands of school districts who would need to update their buidlings / property in order to meet that standard.

It's just not gonna happen, it's all about taking a knee and running out the clock on the discussion (at least until the next high profile shooting anyway)

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

and that is cowardice.  

Has anyone ever watched a school bldg door during class change? You can't lock down buildings that hundreds of people have to go in and out of every hour. Even if the first person has to card to open the door, all the people flowing behind are just going to enter on one door opening. Anyone can just fade into the queue. Do people have brains at all?

To do this would require a much more sophisticated system. For instance everyone carries a RF ID and the system would have to scan the number of bodies entering and match to the number of ID's detected. Conceivably possible - not trivial to do. And even then you would only know an unauthorized person entered - it wouldn't have prevented the entry.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Has anyone ever watched a school bldg door during class change? You can't lock down buildings that hundreds of people have to go in and out of every hour. Even if the first person has to card to open the door, all the people flowing behind are just going to enter on one door opening. Do people have brains at all?

Ted Cruz would suggest to have only one entrance.