Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

3 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Ugh

Why are they releasing this after dark - on a drinking night.   I guess they didnt want chaos before people came home from work.   

The fact that it's black cops and a black police chief, will that dampen any anger? 

Watching it now.  Straight up murder.   It's a fucking murder.  

Those thugs thought they would deliver some street justice to a young thug and so they did. How dare you run from us boy. How dare you make us chase you down. We'll show you who the fuck is boss by beating your ass to death. It goes to show that bias and racism in policing transcends white police officers. 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

14 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Those thugs thought they would deliver some street justice to a young thug and so they did. How dare you run from us boy. How dare you make us chase you down. We'll show you who the fuck is boss by beating your ass to death. It goes to show that bias and racism in policing transcends white police officers. 

I'm reminded of the scene in Boys N The Hood when the racist Black cop is pointing his gun under Tre's chin.   This isn't a new thing.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm reminded of the scene in Boys N The Hood when the racist Black cop is pointing his gun under Tre's chin.   This isn't a new thing.

There is the scene at the beginning too where the same cop asks Furious "did you get him" and then he expresses disappointment that Furious didn't shoot and kill him because had he, it would have been one less gangster for them to have to worry about.

43 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

There is the scene at the beginning too where the same cop asks Furious "did you get him" and then he expresses disappointment that Furious didn't shoot and kill him because had he, it would have been one less gangster for them to have to worry about.

But he didn’t say gangster.  Another word that ended in -ER 

49 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

For those that don’t like him, ignore the messenger.

maybe - or you just make them more embattled. The job sucks. We fix that and maybe we draw a different set of people into the job? For about 100 yrs now we've tried to police America's underclasses into submission. Pretty abject failure. Maybe we just start making a serious attempt to get people out of the underclasses?

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, oblong said:

Fox is all over this and I have to cynically wonder if it’s because the cops are black.  That way they can alleviate the racist cop charges.  They still have the killer cops to reconcile but this takes away some of the stigma. 

They can’t tell me it can’t be racist because it’s black cops on black civilian.

If it were black cops on white civilian, this would not have happened.

If it were white cops on white civilian, this almost certainly would not have happened.

If it were white cops on black civilian, this definitely would have happened.

If it were white cops on anyone, they would be put on paid suspension, not fired and put into jail.

They can’t tell me there was no racism involved here.

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

They can’t tell me it can’t be racist because it’s black cops on black civilian.

If it were white cops on white civilian, this almost certainly would not have happened.

If it were white cops on anyone, they would be put on paid suspension, not fired and put into jail.

With you until the last point. With the video, pretty sure even white cops would be brought on charges. 

2 hours ago, ben9753 said:

With you until the last point. With the video, pretty sure even white cops would be brought on charges. 

Maybe.  But we also would be hearing every transgression the victim had in his life as if that justified it.  

with it being black on black the right wingers can cover the story safely since their viewers can ask themselves “did you see what those blacks did?  They never learn.”   It’s like a best of both worlds for their media.  

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

Weird how after Furgeson we were told that the racial makeup of the police needed to reflect the racial makeup of the city, something about community policing. Now that everyone involved is black it's still white racism. 

More white people are killed by police so yeah it does happen. 

2 hours ago, oblong said:

Maybe.  But we also would be hearing every transgression the victim had in his life as if that justified it.  

with it being black on black the right wingers can cover the story safely since their viewers can ask themselves “did you see what those blacks did?  They never learn.”   It’s like a best of both worlds for their media.  

I can’t speak to what Fox News is saying, but based on Twitter they are defending the cops.  If some are going after the cops, maybe they just saw the same videos I saw.

The only chance white cops don’t get charged in this is if the victim is white too.  In that case no one hears about it.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Weird how after Furgeson we were told that the racial makeup of the police needed to reflect the racial makeup of the city, something about community policing. Now that everyone involved is black it's still white racism. 

More white people are killed by police so yeah it does happen. 

Don’t bring facts into this argument.  

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

More Whites get killed by police because there are more Whites than Blacks, but the rate for Blacks is much higher:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

Black 5.9 per million

Hispanic 2.6

White 2.4

Other 0.9

True, but Bombers point still stands, at least for those folks that are convinced police purposely hunt and kill black people. 

There are legitimate reasons for that disparity too.  And note I’m not saying we should disregard that disparity and shouldn’t work to rectify those causes ( poor areas have more crime, thus more policing for instance).