Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

• 3 weeks later...

This story in Saskatchewan is horrifying.    10 people stabbed to death, several others injured.  One of the brothers found dead (probably killed by the other).   What the hell happens that TWO people totally go insane like this?    They were probably on Meth.  I know rural Sask is just like rural America with Meth all over the place.    Meth can make people psychotic..........but 2 at the same time?   

I am only saying that because they were both in a drug program and a couple of the victims may have been counselling them.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This story in Saskatchewan is horrifying.    10 people stabbed to death, several others injured.  One of the brothers found dead (probably killed by the other).   What the hell happens that TWO people totally go insane like this?    They were probably on Meth.  I know rural Sask is just like rural America with Meth all over the place.    Meth can make people psychotic..........but 2 at the same time?   

I am only saying that because they were both in a drug program and a couple of the victims may have been counselling them.  

It's not exactly rural Saskatchewan, it's a first nations reservation in a remote area.  They have 10 times the drug problems there that non-Indigenous people would have.  Thank goodness they did not have semiautomatic weapons.

I'm not sure how much coverage this is getting or how effective it could be. 

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/12/gun-stores-credit-cards-visa-mastercard-american-express?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axioscloser&stream=top

But hey, just another reason for the so called pro business party to hate private enterprises.

Credit card giants Visa, Mastercard and American Express are taking steps to help better track firearm sales in a move hailed by gun control proponents.

Why it matters: Payment processors have been under pressure to help monitor gun purchases amid concerns over mass shootings and other violence.

What's happening: A panel of the International Organization for Standardization voted to approve the creation of a "merchant category code" (MCC) for gun retailers — and the credit card companies are adopting the change.

• That means gun stores will no longer be categorized as, for example, specialty retailers, potentially making it easier to track firearm spending.

The Walled Lake man who killed his wife & dog, shot his daughter (she may never walk again) and then was killed by the cops was, according to his other daughter (who did not live at home)  a Trump supporter who lost his shit when Trump lost in 2020 believe a bunch of Q-Anon conspiracy theories, most notably Trump is leading a war on pedophiles (anyone who disagrees with Trump, basically).    

• 4 weeks later...

5 killed, 2 wounded in Raleigh.  I thought there would be a post about it by now.     It's so common it doesn't trigger a quick response anymore.    15 year old was the shooter.    Perfectly fine for a 15 year old to possess guns there.   We don't let them drive........we don't let them drink.........Why?  Because they are 15 and irresponsible in general......like most of us probably were.   Lawn Jarts are illegal there, though................so there's that.  

You know........if only there were more good guys with guns  (North Carolina..............one victim was a cop on his way to work).  

Apparently one of the victims is a brother to the shooter.   I listened to the 911 calls and one in particular angered me a bit.  This is probably going to sound bad, but you hear the caller say that an officer was shot.  The 911 operator catches that someone is shot and says they will be sending cops, but the guy keeps on pointing out it's a cop, then misses some questions from the operator and starts answering questions about the shooter, but eventually the operator realizes he's being told that an officer is down.  All of a sudden it's like the operator feels the situation is urgent.  Sad that if people are getting shot, it's just a normal (obviously still priority) call, but an officer shot, whoa... this is serious.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

This is awful and also a sad broken record.

I do wonder in a school like this how did the gunman enter the school? If we can't get rid of the guns we have to do a better job of hardening schools. I know thats not the answer but I am tired  of the approach of shrugging it off. 

On 10/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, CMRivdogs said:

I know we’re in the middle of the moment, but that is by and large a bad take. Almost 55 million students are enrolled in public and private schools. There have been 121 students killed in schools this year. That’s about a 1 in 450,000 chance that a student will be killed while at school. That’s a far lower chance than the average person has of being killed in America regardless of locale. But in an era when the news business model is “scare the hell out of everyone”, it’s the prevalence of this kind of reporting that leads to bad policy like arming teachers and on-duty cops on campus. 

This Darrell Brooks piece of shit and his sovreign citizen bullshit  (yes, in whatever country you think you belong running over people at parade with a car is tolerated)...................I have no problem with the death penalty here (too bad they dont have the option).    Wisconsin taxpayers shouldn't have to pay to feed and house this bastard for 50 years.      Gee, life didn't go his way, so I guess killing people is the proper response.    Oooh look, I memorized some legal terms that I am gong to repeat in court over and over.   Fuck you,  just go fucking die now.  Go hang yourself in your cell.  

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

I know we’re in the middle of the moment, but that is by and large a bad take. Almost 55 million students are enrolled in public and private schools. There have been 121 students killed in schools this year. That’s about a 1 in 450,000 chance that a student will be killed while at school. That’s a far lower chance than the average person has of being killed in America regardless of locale. But in an era when the news business model is “scare the hell out of everyone”, it’s the prevalence of this kind of reporting that leads to bad policy like arming teachers and on-duty cops on campus. 

What if the 1 in 450,000 is YOUR kid?     Should be zero.........It's school, for fuck sake.