Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It doesn’t snow but San Francisco has crap weather. Anytime of year is jacket weather in the 50’s or 60’s with wind.  

It's not just cold. Sacramento this time of year can get really hot. I would rather have 60's all year long than have 90's in the summer. All I would need to do is steal a jacket from Target. 

9 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

It doesn’t snow but San Francisco has crap weather. Anytime of year is jacket weather in the 50’s or 60’s with wind.  

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  - Mark Twain

But the good thing about San Francisco is that you can casually shoplift and nobody's allowed to stop you and even if you did get stopped by the police the DA won't prosecute you.    (Why you can't find certain chains in the entire city anymore). 

That wind can be so uncomfortable coming off both the ocean and the bay.    It can make 55 degrees seem like 40 real quick.  

Another note on SF,  I can’t imagine their car theft rate is very high but they have to have one of the largest car vandalism rates in the country.   It’s a nightmare with homeless breaking into cars and stealing whatever they see inside.   Not a place you want to park a car on the street even during the middle of the day.  Another sad consequence of their way too progressive decision to not prosecute minor crimes. 

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."  - Mark Twain

But the good thing about San Francisco is that you can casually shoplift and nobody's allowed to stop you and even if you did get stopped by the police the DA won't prosecute you.    (Why you can't find certain chains in the entire city anymore). 

What chains aren't in the city anymore? 

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That wind can be so uncomfortable coming off both the ocean and the bay.    It can make 55 degrees seem like 40 real quick.  

Another note on SF,  I can’t imagine their car theft rate is very high but they have to have one of the largest car vandalism rates in the country.   It’s a nightmare with homeless breaking into cars and stealing whatever they see inside.   Not a place you want to park a car on the street even during the middle of the day.  Another sad consequence of their way too progressive decision to not prosecute minor crimes. 

I'm a liberal (in case you all didn't know that) but some of the things in San Francisco and Portland are just beyond stupid. Just have some common sense.   Don't have to be extreme about it.   

30 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

You made the claim Target closed a store because of Democrats liberal crime policy that forced them to close and may continue to force them to close until none are left. First off, San Francisco is still well served by Target. There are as many stores per capita in San Francisco than any other city. Target closed one store and they said it was because of low sales. It seems this Target closing stores because of theft has been peddled on right wing media. Sorry if your right wing talking points got blown up. 

I just pointed out that the lone store in SF that accounted for the the entire increase SF saw for that time period.  It does probably make sense that if a single store reporting larcenies accounted for so many reports maybe 1) the store decided it would report everything it saw versus just dealing with it like others in the area and 2) after Target corporate got heat for changing their hours in SF and citing that it was specifically because of crime in SF, maybe when they decided this headache of a store wasn't worth it, they decided not to blame it on crime for PR purposes.

I have no right wing talking points,  just pointing out valid issues happening in SF which you can't handle and instead want to turn the discussion to Tulsa to prove your left wing talking points.  If you go back and read my first response to Archie, you'll see I pointed out SF to try and specifically get him past the right wing talking point I would expect from him and therefore try and get him to understand that many factors, including some by folks he supports (R's) can force people to make decisions they wouldn't prefer to make due to financial constraints.

9 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I just pointed out that the lone store in SF that accounted for the the entire increase SF saw for that time period.  It does probably make sense that if a single store reporting larcenies accounted for so many reports maybe 1) the store decided it would report everything it saw versus just dealing with it like others in the area and 2) after Target corporate got heat for changing their hours in SF and citing that it was specifically because of crime in SF, maybe when they decided this headache of a store wasn't worth it, they decided not to blame it on crime for PR purposes.

I have no right wing talking points,  just pointing out valid issues happening in SF which you can't handle and instead want to turn the discussion to Tulsa to prove your left wing talking points.  If you go back and read my first response to Archie, you'll see I pointed out SF to try and specifically get him past the right wing talking point I would expect from him and therefore try and get him to understand that many factors, including some by folks he supports (R's) can force people to make decisions they wouldn't prefer to make due to financial constraints.

The Target store that closed was not the one in your article. That store is still open. It's been a common talking point in right wing media that it closed. 

Some other points made in your article; the increase in property crimes is not unique to San Francisco. It's increasing everywhere. The property crime is still down from it's all time high in the late 80's and early 90's. You also didn't mention that San Francisco is pretty low in violent crimes. Among the six cities with the nearest population, San Francisco has the second lowest murder rate. Only liberal heelscape Seattle has a lower murder rate. 

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

CVS announced they are closing 900 stores nationwide over the next 3 years but sure in San Francisco it's because of all the liberal thieves. A quick look at the CVS website shows there are at least 25 CVS in San Francisco.

In 2019, Walgreens announced they were closing 200 stores nationwide. A quick look at their website shows at least a dozen stores in San Francisco. You said you can't find certain chains in the city. There are a couple dozen of these stores in San Francisco. 

I was talking to my wife about this and we remembered joking about a Walgreen's being in the bottom floor of our hotel and there was another one right across the street.  You could stand in the doorway of one and see the other one.  Like 50 yards away.

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Aqib Talib's brother Yaqub shot and killed someone (a ref) at a youth football game.  

We're just so broken.  We're unfixable.    

There was a time that these guys would have went back behind the bleachers and dropped some fist on each other. That would have been frowned upon. I miss those days....