Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

3 hours ago, pfife said:

Lol at the notion that we have to ban vehicles and hammers if we ban guns 😆 🤣 😂 

The biggest flaw in that is that cars were built to transport people and goods and hammers were made to build things.   Handguns are made for only one purpose - killing people (not killing deer).  It's a ridiculous argument. 

I am not for banning guns.  It's too late for that.  There's too many of them out there.  We don't have the resources to uphold it, but someone that uses a gun for something illegal - we need to be heavy on them....very heavy.   And people who supply guns to someone who can't get them on their own should be charged with the same crime as the perp.   Can we get serious about it?    Fine, be a responsible gun owner.  Good for you.  But this case?  15 year olds can't buy handguns and they aren't supposed to even possess them without adult supervision.   Sounds pretty clear to me.   If this dad willingly bought this kid a 9mm handgun and did nothing to secure it, charge him with Accessory To Murder or charge him with murder.      

Yeah, your honor.  I gave the guy the bomb.  I showed him how to arm it.   I didn't know he was gonna do something bad with it.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

I am not going to post it here because its so graphic but I just saw a video of a Tucson cop shooting a man in a motorized wheelchair going into a Lowe;s............HE SHOOTS HIM 9 TIMES from less than 4 feet away.    Don't know what happened before the video but the cop tells the man not to go into the store but the man ignores him, so the cop EXECUTES HIM?    First thing he does when the man falls out of his wheelchair, dead, is handcuff him, but does not attempt or even pretend to offer medical aid.   You can find the video on your own, it's horrifying.  

What the hell is going on in this country?    

Edited by Motor City Sonics

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I am not going to post it here because its so graphic but I just saw a video of a Tucson cop shooting a man in a motorized wheelchair going into a Lowe;s............HE SHOOTS HIM 9 TIMES from less than 4 feet away.    Don't know what happened before the video but the cop tells the man not to go into the store but the man ignores him, so the cop EXECUTES HIM?    First thing he does when the man falls out of his wheelchair, dead, is handcuff him, but does not attempt or even pretend to offer medical aid.   You can find the video on your own, it's horrifying.  

What the hell is going on in this country?    

That's a continuing problem isn't it?  Even if we could get all the handguns out of society...cops will still have them.  On every police force in North America there are people like that guy.  A recently retired cop around here said this, on the subject of law enforcement salaries:  "Our problem is not recruiting people for the salaries we pay.  Our problem is, how do we keep out the people who would do it for free?"

15 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

That's a continuing problem isn't it?  Even if we could get all the handguns out of society...cops will still have them.  On every police force in North America there are people like that guy.  A recently retired cop around here said this, on the subject of law enforcement salaries:  "Our problem is not recruiting people for the salaries we pay.  Our problem is, how do we keep out the people who would do it for free?"

That is a profound question.

30 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I'm not going to post the video due to the graphic nature, but pretty confident we're going to have another cop heading to jail soon in Arizona.   Absolutely horrible.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59439798

Interesting, I would’ve struck you for the “This never would’ve happened if he just obeyed the police “ crowd.   

Apparently the guy in the wheelchair had a knife.  Why don't you let the facts come out before you crucify someone.  I know some of you like to assume things you have no idea about so remember this is the USA and a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

Apparently the guy in the wheelchair had a knife.  Why don't you let the facts come out before you crucify someone.  I know some of you like to assume things you have no idea about so remember this is the USA and a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty.  

Yes we know very well that he had a knife.  He might also have stolen a tool box from Walmart.  There, that balances it up, shooting him 9 times in the back seems more reasonable now.  Good grief.

A couple of years ago here, 2 cops shot a guy who was off his meds and was brandishing a shovel.  

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

The report I read is no knife was found. The wal mart security guy said he had one. And I strenuously disagree that the only way to disarm a person in a wheelchair is to shoot them 9 times from behind.  The cop was immediately fired and will face charges.  If you want to stick up for that behavior go ahead. But understand what you are defending.  Unless you are in direct danger or dying you have no right to kill someone as a police officer.  If you want to live life like that then move to North Korea.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

Yes we know very well that he had a knife.  He might also have stolen a tool box from Walmart.  There, that balances it up, shooting him 9 times in the back seems more reasonable now.  Good grief.

A couple of years ago here, 2 cops shot a guy who was off his meds and was brandishing a shovel.  

Years ago a mentally unbalanced deaf guy had a rake in his yard.  Cops shot him dead.
a cop who can’t handle that doesn’t deserve to be a cop and is a pretty shitty one at that. In addition to a murderer.  

16 minutes ago, Archie said:

The fact literally came out in the article that ewsieg posted.

Still doesn't make it acceptable 

45 minutes ago, Archie said:

which is literally the opposite of your take just last week on voter fraud when you asked others to prove their innocence.

Edited by pfife

40 minutes ago, oblong said:

Years ago a mentally unbalanced deaf guy had a rake in his yard.  Cops shot him dead.
a cop who can’t handle that doesn’t deserve to be a cop and is a pretty shitty one at that. In addition to a murderer.  

I went in for jury duty and that was the case, but they never called me in. 

He had a rake...........try backing up until he figures shit out. 

There was a case in Dallas where a mentally unstable man was holding a knife to his own throat and his mother called the police.   When the cops showed up he lunged at them with a knife..........according to the police report....... and the cop shot him.  Didn't kill him.  The man then charged with Attempted Murder of a Peace Officer. 

But wait, the neighbor had a camera over their garage.    Turns out the man was sitting in a rolling chair and when the cops drew their weapons (at about 20 feet away) he simply stood up.  Never raised his knife.  Not for a second.   Who should be up for Attempted Murder here? 

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Omigosh... he had a KNIFE.

Solution: EXECUTE HIM.

Do I have that right?

1 hour ago, oblong said:

The report I read is no knife was found. The wal mart security guy said he had one. And I strenuously disagree that the only way to disarm a person in a wheelchair is to shoot them 9 times from behind.  The cop was immediately fired and will face charges.  If you want to stick up for that behavior go ahead. ...

I find that contemptible.