Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

This is why guns, in all forms, should be illegal and disposed of in volcanoes.  Americans, and humans in general, are no where near responsible enough for guns to exist.   They need to be banned from the world.  There is no such thing as a responsible gun owner.  All purchases and storage of guns only add to the problem.  

• Like 1

On Nov. 21, a teacher at Oxford High School reported Ethan was searching for ammunition on his phone, she said. The school reached out to Jennifer Crumbley, but never heard back from the parents, the prosecutor said.

Jennifer texted Ethan about it, McDonald said: “LOL, I’m not gonna get mad at you, you have to learn to not get caught.”

Dumbfounded. There’s a clear line to these parent both being culpable. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13

46 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

On Nov. 21, a teacher at Oxford High School reported Ethan was searching for ammunition on his phone, she said. The school reached out to Jennifer Crumbley, but never heard back from the parents, the prosecutor said.

Jennifer texted Ethan about it, McDonald said: “LOL, I’m not gonna get mad at you, you have to learn to not get caught.”

Dumbfounded. There’s a clear line to these parent both being culpable. 

It's too bad all they are gonna get is involuntary manslaughter. That's all I can say

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Is there any culpability for the gun shop? Apparently the kid went with the father to buy the gun. Did the gun shop owner not know the gun was being purchased for the kid? 

That will all depend on what the parent(s) said and what they filled out on the paperwork.  If the gun shop knew they were purchasing for the kid its possible the shop would have issues and could lose their FFL.

7 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

It sounds like some faculty members from the school my face charges as well.

I haven't heard this.  What possible charges could they face?

From what I understand so far is that when the school admin met with the parents and the kid, it was the day of the shooting.  The kid had the gun in his bag or locker at that time.  Its easy to look back and say they should have searched the kid.  I assume the parents didn't let on they bought the gun a few days earlier.   On a radio show I was listening to earlier today, the mom sent the kid a text saying Don't do it.  They were thinking that after the meeting she went home and looked for the gun and couldn't find it.  

Here's a look at the timeline. IIRC The parents met with school officials late morning.

It looks like maybe the mother discovered the gun was missing, texted the kid, called the das (or texted) who called police. 

Both James and Jennifer Crumbley failed to ask their son if he had his gun with him or where his gun was located and failed to inspect his backpack for the presence of the gun which he had with him.”

McDonald said the parents were advised to get their son some help within 48 hours, but they refused to take their child out of school just hours before the attack.

“At 1:37pm James Crumbley called 911, reporting that a gun was missing from his house and he believed his son may be the shooter," McDonald said. "Further investigation revealed that the Sig Sauer 9mm handgun purchased by James Crumbley was stored unlocked in a drawer in James and Jennifer's bedroom.”

Sorry son, I know you are on trial for crimes that may put you away for the rest of your natural life, but we are facing a class D felony and are booking it out of here. Good luck. 

-Mom and Dad.

Edited by gehringer_2

49 minutes ago, Archie said:

I haven't heard this.  What possible charges could they face?

From what I understand so far is that when the school admin met with the parents and the kid, it was the day of the shooting.  The kid had the gun in his bag or locker at that time.  Its easy to look back and say they should have searched the kid.  I assume the parents didn't let on they bought the gun a few days earlier.   On a radio show I was listening to earlier today, the mom sent the kid a text saying Don't do it.  They were thinking that after the meeting she went home and looked for the gun and couldn't find it.