Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Couple things…

1. Bouchard is full of it. To have a judge sign the warrant, the officer-in-charge has to testify. It was televised in the kid’s case. If he wasn’t told there was a warrant, that’s on his OIC, not the prosecutor’s office.

2. The prosecutor’s office is also full of it. By the defense attorney’s statement, it sounds like the OCPO knew exactly what they were doing to try to make it look like these parents were running (when they were not), to ultimately request bond be denied (which in any other case it would not be).

It’s going to be very hard to find a jury of peers for these parents, and the prosecutor is playing games to make them look even worse than they already do.

I don't trust things Mike Bouchard says.   He pulled the civil forfeiture crap on some people I know for legally growing weed, they cleared every single step with the state, he did it anyway and took almost everything they owned.  By the time it was settled the lawyer fees had ruined them.     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, smr-nj said:

This prosecutor looks like a media whore. Wants stardom. I feel for law enforcement there… she’s making a hard job harder because she wants to make a name for her. (Seems that way to me)

Seems to me like she's actually doing her job. About damn time someone is taking school shootings seriously.  Perhaps if there'd been a few more whores around, 4 more families wouldn't be burying their kids.  Bouchard dropped the ball and is trying to make it political, as usual.  She literally told Anderson Cooper last night that charges were being filed, announced there would be a press conference and it's been literally talked about all day and Bouchard didn't know?  Seriously?

1 minute ago, Kacie said:

Seems to me like she's actually doing her job. About damn time someone is taking school shootings seriously.  Perhaps if there'd been a few more whores around, 4 more families wouldn't be burying their kids.  Bouchard dropped the ball and is trying to make it political, as usual.  She literally told Anderson Cooper last night that charges were being filed, announced there would be a press conference and it's been literally talked about all day and Bouchard didn't know?  Seriously?

I’ve been set straight on this thread on Bouchard.  

I see his bs act now.  And I stand corrected.

I never felt like the parents shouldn’t be charged, I just thought I was seeing someone who wanted the press coverage.

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I have to imagine their home was a media circus so I can see them wanting to hide out. 

Too fucking bad for them.  Some parents expect to see their children after school, but that’s apparently asking for too much in this fucked up gun happy society.

4 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I’ve been set straight on this thread on Bouchard.  

I see his bs act now.  And I stand corrected.

I never felt like the parents shouldn’t be charged, I just thought I was seeing someone who wanted the press coverage.

I wouldn't be surprised if she ran for state wide office in the future but Bouchard isn't someone to be trusted at face value.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, casimir said:

Too fucking bad for them.  Some parents expect to see their children after school, but that’s apparently asking for too much in this fucked up gun happy society.

I would be willing to give up all my fire arms if it truly meant we would never have another school shooting. We all have kids and can’t imagine losing one. I think this administration missed an opportunity to draw attention via holding up the spending limit. It gets extended once some sort of national action happens. Without that sort of thing these conversations in our little forum are meaningless. 

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The sheriff has had unsuccessful runs for senate and governor and is the opposite party of the prosecutor so I would take his word at face value. 

Kind of like you partisan rhetoric! 😁

Edited by Archie

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Do couples about to turn themselves in shut their phones off and withdraw $4,000 from an ATM.     Asking for a friend?   

My understanding is that their phones were taken in the search warrant. The cash very well could partially have been as a retainer for their attorneys (the attorneys they retained are very expensive).

4 hours ago, smr-nj said:

This prosecutor looks like a media whore. Wants stardom. I feel for law enforcement there… she’s making a hard job harder because she wants to make a name for her. (Seems that way to me)

I read it the opposite way.  Someone who is truly concerned and likely doesn’t trust law makers and others in power to do the right thing. 

17 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

I read it the opposite way.  Someone who is truly concerned and likely doesn’t trust law makers and others in power to do the right thing. 

Same here. I live in Oakland County, and have voted for her. I think I she is putting her foot down, which is refreshing in times of nothing happening with this type of thing. 

50 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

U.S. Marshals are now involved in locating the parents.    

Scumbags. 

Yeah the fact that they still haven’t surrendered tells me they are still on the lam. The lawyer statement is just some type of damage control that hasn’t come to fruition. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13