Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Sorry son, I know you are on trial for crimes that may put you away for the rest of your natural life, but we are facing a class D felony and are booking it out of here. Good luck. 

-Mom and Dad.

This was similar to my first thought "Hey son, we obviously screwed you up more than we even realized leading to what you need, and you probably need us more than ever right now, but hey, just like we told you before, 'you have to learn not to get caught'.  Good luck."   ~ Mom and Dad.

I don't want to say I have sympathy for that kid, but good lord, definitely provides some insight into how he was raised.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they turn themselves in with their lawyer.

question: Who is going to want to take this case? These folks don't look like they have the money to hire OJ's team. The Oakland county public defenders office is probably not a happy place since this tragedy

30 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Sorry son, I know you are on trial for crimes that may put you away for the rest of your natural life, but we are facing a class D felony and are booking it out of here. Good luck. 

-Mom and Dad.

Can't even imagine how twisted these people if this is the case.     As Archie said, maybe they are with a lawyer, but I think that lawyer would have informed the police by now.    the police don't have to tell the public if they know where they are, but it would be irresponsible right now to leave that out there.        So many adults fucked up this week.  

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

This was similar to my first thought "Hey son, we obviously screwed you up more than we even realized leading to what you need, and you probably need us more than ever right now, but hey, just like we told you before, 'you have to learn not to get caught'.  Good luck."   ~ Mom and Dad.

I don't want to say I have sympathy for that kid, but good lord, definitely provides some insight into how he was raised.

Absolutely. The kid was absolutely disturbed and nothing at all was done to intervene. In fact he appears to have been enabled. 

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

question: Who is going to want to take this case? These folks don't look like they have the money to hire OJ's team. The Oakland county public defenders office is probably not a happy place since this tragedy

I can't recall the podcast, but I listened to a lawyer that was interviewed and they talked about a client of his that truly scared him.  There was also a mountain of evidence on him and the client refused to take a deal.  He talked about how he poked every hole he could in the prosecution, not to try and get the defendant off, but to ensure that once he was found guilty, he had no legitimate reason for appeal.  That said, it was clear he certainly didn't want that case.

42 minutes ago, Archie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they turn themselves in with their lawyer.  I doubt they are actually running because everyone gets caught eventually.  Nothing they have done yet has been smart so maybe they are.

Possible, but according to article their attorney can’t reach them. 

Edited by Tigerbomb13

Also , not thrilled with the school accepting the parents refusal to take their son home.

If his behavior warranted removal, maybe the police needed to be informed then, but since we don’t know what the complaints of the two teachers were specifically, we need to reserve judgment on that for now.

18 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

This prosecutor looks like a media whore. Wants stardom. I feel for law enforcement there… she’s making a hard job harder because she wants to make a name for her. (Seems that way to me)

The sheriff has had unsuccessful runs for senate and governor and is the opposite party of the prosecutor so I would take his word at face value. 

CNN report I just saw indicated that reporters were questioning why the parents attended their sons arraignment from their car (via zoom) and the reporter definitely indicated the response he was getting makes him suspect they were hiding at that point already.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

CNN report I just saw indicated that reporters were questioning why the parents attended their sons arraignment from their car (via zoom) and the reporter definitely indicated the response he was getting makes him suspect they were hiding at that point already.

I have to imagine their home was a media circus so I can see them wanting to hide out. 

Couple things…

1. Bouchard is full of it. To have a judge sign the warrant, the officer-in-charge has to testify. It was televised in the kid’s case. If he wasn’t told there was a warrant, that’s on his OIC, not the prosecutor’s office.

2. The prosecutor’s office is also full of it. By the defense attorney’s statement, it sounds like the OCPO knew exactly what they were doing to try to make it look like these parents were running (when they were not), to ultimately request bond be denied (which in any other case it would not be).

It’s going to be very hard to find a jury of peers for these parents, and the prosecutor is playing games to make them look even worse than they already do.