Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

7 minutes ago, pfife said:

Welcome to republican utopia

Need to find out who is making these threats, none of which are likely credible - and throw them in jail for a very long time and then charge the parents with the cost of wasted resources.     Ain't funny.     We need to go after people who make death threats too.   There are limits to #1 (Fire in a crowded theater).  If there wasn't, Charles Manson would have never gone to prison.  

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Need to find out who is making these threats, none of which are likely credible - and throw them in jail for a very long time and then charge the parents with the cost of wasted resources.     Ain't funny.     We need to go after people who make death threats too.   There are limits to #1 (Fire in a crowded theater).  If there wasn't, Charles Manson would have never gone to prison.  

I was a senior in High School when Columbine happened and I remember a couple weeks or so after it happened some kid at our school made a threat and they cancelled school for it. Turned out he just made the threat cause he wanted to get out of school cause there was an exam he didn't want to take.  It was an underclassmen so I didn't know who he was but I guess he did get in some trouble with the law over it.  

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Until the careful people like Archie and Tigerholic and Romad come to the conclusion that despite the care they take they are still part of the problem, things in the US won't change.

Isn't part of the problem that comments from Archie about the importance of safely handling weapons aren't being matched by public policy more broadly?

My state just became a Constitutional Carry state during this recent legislature... no need for a Concealed Carry permit or training, just carry it as you please. I'm not familiar with Michigan's laws, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a significant subset of the state GOP who would love to adopt such a law as well.

I take Archie at face value that he believes in proper training and handling of a weapon, but in a country of 330m, the honor system ain't gonna cut it - it needs to be reflected in policy. If anything, we are going backward on that front.

Edited by mtutiger

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Isn't part of the problem that comments from Archie about the importance of safely handling weapons aren't being matched by public policy more broadly?

My state just became a Constitutional Carry state during this recent legislature... no need for a Concealed Carry permit or training, just carry it as you please. I'm not familiar with Michigan's laws, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a significant subset of the state GOP who would love to adopt such a law as well.

I take Archie at face value that he believes in proper training and handling of a weapon, but in a country of 330m, the honor system ain't gonna cut it - it needs to be reflected in policy. If anything, we are going backward on that front.

It reminds me of a few years ago I was in line at a Dollar General and the guy in line in front of me was proudly displaying his gun in a holster on his hip. I got close to him and even put my fingertip on the handle and he didn't even know. I could have easily ripped that gun out of the holster and shot him in the head. He literally made himself more dangerous carrying his penis on his hip. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

It reminds me of a few years ago I was in line at a Dollar General and the guy in line in front of me was proudly displaying his gun in a holster on his hip. I got close to him and even put my fingertip on the handle and he didn't even know. I could have easily ripped that gun out of the holster and shot him in the head. He literally made himself more dangerous carrying his penis on his hip. 

That is a very scary situation.  I would be more worried, though, about getting shot by the 3 year old kid in the cart behind me, fumbling in his mom's purse.

11 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Until the careful people like Archie and Tigerholic and Romad come to the conclusion that despite the care they take they are still part of the problem, things in the US won't change.

So now its my fault? What can I do to fix the gun problems in our country? 

To quote Charlie Daniels:

Now they're trying to take my guns away
And that would be just fine
If you take them away from the criminals first
I'll gladly give you mine

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

Well then just stop producing them.  This isn't rocket science. 

You anti gun people can only see one side.  While we stop making guns, let stop making anything that is used to kill people.  The will be no more vehicles produced because they kill people everyday and are used as a weapon to kill.  Stop producing knives, hammers and even staplers for the same reason.  By all means stop building and flying airplanes.  We all know what they are capable of. 

See how rediculous your anti gun rhetoric is. If you are afraid of guns or don't like them you should not have them but it doesn't mean other people aren't capable of owning and using them properly. Same as vehicles, knives, airplanes etc.

Edited by Archie

1 minute ago, Archie said:

You anti gun people can only see one side.  While we stop making guns, 

Who is anti-gun?  I don't care if you own a deer rifle or a shotgun.  You should actually read what other people write.

Who said stop making guns?  I said stop making semi automatics.  There is no purpose for them in your society.  Again, you should read more carefully and respond with more precision.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Who is anti-gun?  I don't care if you own a deer rifle or a shotgun.  You should actually read what other people write.

Who said stop making guns?  I said stop making semi automatics.  There is no purpose for them in your society.  Again, you should read more carefully and respond with more precision.

You are against guns and your comments prove it.  You are against deer rifles if you think semi automatics should be banned. Most rifles are semi automatic and they operate the same as AR-15 rifles. I mentioned before that some people here know nothing about firearms and its obvious in the comments.  Theyre just repeating what some anti gun liberal source tells them. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I agree with our resident Canadian. 

17 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

I love how they say anti-gun people can only see one side but chose to acknowledge or see how every single developed country in the world is better at regulating guns and reducing gun homicides than the US.  

38 minutes ago, Archie said:

You are against guns and your comments prove it.  You are against deer rifles if you think semi automatics should be banned. Most rifles are semi automatic and they operate the same as AR-15 rifles. I mentioned before that some people here know nothing about firearms and its obvious in the comments.  Theyre just repeating what some anti gun liberal source tells them. 

you are missing the arg here. Current deer hunting guns may be semi-automatic.  They don't need to be. You can hunt deer just fine with a bolt action 30-30. I love that so many gun owners claim sport as their motivation but then do all they can to take the 'sporting' part out of the process! 

Reminds me of a guy I used to ride with on bicycle tours. Always wanted to take a short cut on the route. WTF did you sign up for a scenic bike tour for if you don't want to ride the route?

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 2