Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jussie Smollett is an example on why you should wait until the facts are out before you comment. A couple politicians like Harris and Booker got burned because they immediately had to jump on the Twitter outrage train.  

someone tell dc313.

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Jussie Smollett is an example on why you should wait until the facts are out before you comment. A couple politicians like Harris and Booker got burned because they immediately had to jump on the Twitter outrage train.  

Also an example of how every culture war issue on the Bird machine maybe doesn't deserve a response at all.

This morning Fox was all over the Smollet stuff, still talking about their Christmas Tree tragedy, they dubbed it America's Tree by the way, and they were complaining about Titleist rejecting certain personalized descriptions you can get on their golf balls, something about encouraging a golfer named Brandon.  I took a picture of whatever it was on my screen   

F01D0B6D-07EC-466F-9EF4-660A8245D93F.jpeg

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Also an example of how every culture war issue on the Bird machine maybe doesn't deserve a response at all.

its such a silly thing.  if he had just owned up to it at ANY point instead of being completely cocky and insisting that he was being wronged by the state it would have gone away.

but once the prosecutor let him off with nothing after the obama people lobbied her to do so, he came out and was still cocky about it.  he really made the prosecutor's life difficult.  that's when everyone turned on her and insisted there be a trial.

of course, the prosecutor could have just not given him special treatment and it would have ended right there too.

he'll get probation or something.  maybe a little jail time but i wouldnt expect anything serious.  unless they want to martha stewart him and make an example out of him.

4 hours ago, oblong said:

This morning Fox was all over the Smollet stuff, still talking about their Christmas Tree tragedy, they dubbed it America's Tree by the way, and they were complaining about Titleist rejecting certain personalized descriptions you can get on their golf balls, something about encouraging a golfer named Brandon.  I took a picture of whatever it was on my screen   

Yup! and people here are still talking about Donald Trump.  At least Fox is talking about things that happened this week.  People here are still complaining about a guy that's been out of office since January.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

its such a silly thing.  if he had just owned up to it at ANY point instead of being completely cocky and insisting that he was being wronged by the state it would have gone away.

but once the prosecutor let him off with nothing after the obama people lobbied her to do so, he came out and was still cocky about it.  he really made the prosecutor's life difficult.  that's when everyone turned on her and insisted there be a trial.

of course, the prosecutor could have just not given him special treatment and it would have ended right there too.

he'll get probation or something.  maybe a little jail time but i wouldnt expect anything serious.  unless they want to martha stewart him and make an example out of him.

I think because he pushed it, it won't end up just being probation, I'd say 30-90 days.  I don't know the sentencing guidelines but I have a hard time believing they put him in prison over it regardless of how much they want to make an example out of it. 

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I think because he pushed it, it won't end up just being probation, I'd say 30-90 days.  I don't know the sentencing guidelines but I have a hard time believing they put him in prison over it regardless of how much they want to make an example out of it. 

up to 3 years in prison for each count.

3 hours ago, Archie said:

Yup! and people here are still talking about Donald Trump.  At least Fox is talking about things that happened this week.  People here are still complaining about a guy that's been out of office since January.

yeah but people here aren't a massive news network bro so it's a really odd comparison.

5 hours ago, Archie said:

... People here are still complaining about a guy that's been out of office since January.

He may have been out of office since January...

But he's still trying to overthrow our Democracy.

He is still shitting all over the Constitution of the United States.

He has strong-armed the entire Republican Party into fascism.

He still is trying to establish a fascist dictatorship in this country, with armed and violent followers, including numerous Republican politicians in the US Senate, US Congress, and in multiple State leadership positions. Who are willing to toss out US Citizens votes, MY F'ing vote, into the trash can, in order to steal mine, and every US Citizens Constitutional right to vote for the President of the United States, in order to establish Trump's dictatorship.

There is no such thing as conservative or Republican anymore. There is only Democratic Party Patriots, who stand for the Constitution of the United States, and Fascist Republicans. Establishment Republicans no longer exist, they are now Independents who will vote Democrat to save this country from Fascism, Despotism, White Trash Terrorism, and from that guy specifically, who has been out of office since January.

6 hours ago, Archie said:

At least Fox is talking about things that happened this week.  

Who gives a shit? Jussie Smollett has absolutely no bearing on anything going on in my life. 

Donald Trump, meanwhile, remains the frontrunner for the 2024 GOP Nomination.

No wonder people care more about Trump 

11 hours ago, oblong said:

All culture war all the time, baybee!

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Who gives a shit? Jussie Smollett has absolutely no bearing on anything going on in my life. 

Donald Trump, meanwhile, remains the frontrunner for the 2024 GOP Nomination.

No wonder people care more about Trump 

Smollett is a news story of how stupid he is or what a stupid thing he did.  He continued his lie clear thru to the end of the trial.  He deserves to get some time for getting so many people worked up over a lie and for the amount of time and money the Chicago PD put into finding the bad guy who ultimately turned out to be him.

I was listening to Glenn Beck today and he said the latest poll showed 59% of the Republicans supported Trump for nomination.  Mike Pence was second at 9%.  I still hope all the crap being slung about him, true or not get us someone else for the nomination.  I'm just tired of bad choices.  This country deserves better candidates like Trump and Biden.  I don't care what anyone says, Joe Biden was not a good choice either.

Edited by Archie

11 hours ago, Archie said:

Smollett is a news story of how stupid he is or what a stupid thing he did.  He continued his lie clear thru to the end of the trial.  He deserves to get some time for getting so many people worked up over a lie and for the amount of time and money the Chicago PD put into finding the bad guy who ultimately turned out to be him.

Yep. He deserves to go to jail. But ultimately, nothing about that story has any bearing on my life whatsoever. His being convicted or acquitted would have not changed a single thing.. As far as I can tell, this recent ruling, for the most part, seems like bread and circuses for the Ben Shapiro and Fox Network types to get their listener-base worked up.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump continues to be a significant favorite to win the 2024 GOP Nomination. Again. No wonder people may care more about Trump than the news equivalent of a car wreck.

Edited by mtutiger

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Dems must be happy for this. He is unelectable. Proved that last round.

Dems mostly see poll numbers with Biden barely leading Trump or tied three years out and pee their pants, as far as I can tell.

Although there's a pretty good chance the moment Trump starts actually campaigning and reminding people why they voted him out in the first place, that would likely change some.

35 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yep. He deserves to go to jail. But ultimately, nothing about that story has any bearing on my life whatsoever. His being convicted or acquitted would have not changed a single thing.. As far as I can tell, this recent ruling, for the most part, seems like bread and circuses for the Ben Shapiro and Fox Network types to get their listener-base worked up.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump continues to be a significant favorite to win the 2024 GOP Nomination. Again. No wonder people may care more about Trump than the news equivalent of a car wreck.

I had no idea who jussie was before this incident and the incident did nothing to make me start caring about jussie.   I don't care about anything hollywood and don't plan to start caring just b/c it's convenient for conservatives' internet arguments

19 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Dems must be happy for this. He is unelectable. Proved that last round.

I'm not so sure.   I've thought and posted for quite a while that he's both their best and worst chance.    He fires up both sides for sure.   I think b/c the out party is always more motivated, last time the Dems were more motivated and this time the Qs are.    I think the calculus could be different from last time even if the contenders are the same.

The fact remains that trump did get very very large number of votes in 2020.  IT was an impressive number of votes even in a loss.   I would anticipate him getting more votes than he did in 2020.

In my experience in following politics for quite a while now, I'd also argue that relying on a "long memory" of voters is probably a losing proposition so I don't think the Democrats will be very successful reminding folks how terrible Trump was.   Time and time again we see votes as having short memories.

1 minute ago, pfife said:

I'm not so sure.   I've thought and posted for quite a while that he's both their best and worst chance.    He fires up both sides for sure.   I think b/c the out party is always more motivated, last time the Dems were more motivated and this time the Qs are.    I think the calculus could be different from last time even if the contenders are the same.

The fact remains that trump did get very very large number of votes in 2020.  IT was an impressive number of votes even in a loss.   I would anticipate him getting more votes than he did in 2020.

I would think with Jan 6 and the diarrhea hew spews that number goes down. I did not vote for him and won't if nominated. Many of the non indoctrinated feel the same on the right. Its amazing how the evangelical worship him like a golden cow..... He stands for everything they confess to be against.