2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

20 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So Jim Harbaugh is now Marlo Stanfield?

Marlo was blessed by luck as well as talent.  

The Freep article would be "Michigan loses out on top talent, its time to investigate"

Edited by romad1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I enjoy watching Michigan play in big games so even if it makes it harder for them to get to the CFP Id probably get more enjoyment out of the season watching them play a half dozen or so ranked teams or big games vs. just a few and the rest be cupcakes.

8 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Moving to twelve team playoff will eliminate the need to be perfect to get into the playoffs.

Until the playoffs

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I enjoy watching Michigan play in big games so even if it makes it harder for them to get to the CFP Id probably get more enjoyment out of the season watching them play a half dozen or so ranked teams or big games vs. just a few and the rest be cupcakes.

exactly.  and with a 12 team playoff you can lose once or twice and still make it in if you have some wins over some other good teams.

teams other than hawaii or uconn.

5 hours ago, buddha said:

exactly.  and with a 12 team playoff you can lose once or twice and still make it in if you have some wins over some other good teams.

teams other than hawaii or uconn.

I look at last year and sure it was fun the last few games(loss aside) but other than that the first 2 and half months of the season was pretty boring to watch as a fan. No games to really get psyched up or excited for or any games where your team can make a real statement. Those are the ones that make following College Football fun to me. 

Granted that wasn't all on Michigan though, yeah they could've scheduled atleast one legit team in their non conference schedule but that still would've left a ton weak games in conference due to every non Penn St and OSU B1G team sucking last year. Hopefully in the coming years that won't be the case. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow, Ryan Mallett died from drowning.   Just 35 years old.    That's a gut punch. 

I had a drowning scare when I was like five or six years old. At a hotel for my dad’s work conference, my mom took us all to the pool. She was in the hot tub and my older brother was supposed to be watching me and my sister in the bigger pool. I tried taking my floatie off while hanging onto the side (my brother was on the other side) and sank like a rock in a split second. My mom scraped her leg bad scrambling to get to me. I was okay, but probably one of my earliest vivid memories.

Ever since I’ve been avoidant of water. I won’t get in the ocean beyond ankle deep and I much prefer the hot tub to the pool. I can swim now fairly well, but I choose not to more often than not.

Water is scary powerful, especially in the ocean or Gulf of Mexico where this happened. It doesn’t matter who you are or how strong you are, you can’t breathe underwater.

I feel so bad for his family. Probably was with loved ones on the vacation, only for something like this to happen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, buddha said:

brian kelly kills a kid.  georgia has more speeding than daytona speedway.  but michigan gets a coach suspended because he bought a kid a hamburger and then wouldnt kiss the ncaa's ass over it.

It does boggle the mind. 

Good point in the blog

This is the same number of games that Michigan State players not named Khary Crump got for the post-game assault on Gemon Green and Jaden McBurrows. For a couple of hamburgers to already-committed recruits. Also Mike Macdonald is receiving a one-year show cause penalty, which is hilariously useless since Macdonald kinda has a job lined up already—he's DC of the Ravens.