2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

39 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I thought the “free Harbaugh” stuff was a bit ridiculous. What are we freeing him from? Watching his son’s game instead of making millions coaching what was effectively a preseason game? Give me a break. Let’s have a little perspective, he’s not oppressed.

At the same time, I also don’t really care. I’m sure it was player-led, and young adults that age do stupid things. It wasn’t so bad that the university needed to step in and stop them like the Northwestern nonsense.

I’m sure the NCAA and their ego won’t like it though. May make it more likely they throw the book at Jim when all this plays itself out.

Anything that makes Michigan stand out from other -- lesser -- schools;  is fine by me.  

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Michigan looked solid.  Donovan Edwards appears to lack burst like he had last season.  Not sure what his issue might be. 

Even given Edwards poor game, the rest run game was not all that impressive. There also seemed to be some plays that ended with Michigan lineman well up field but the runner tackled at 1-3 yrs. Something out of sync there. JJ is looking more and more the real deal though.

Edited by gehringer_2

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Even given Edwards poor game, the rest run game was not all that impressive. There also seemed to be some plays that ended with Michigan lineman well up field but the runner tackled at 1-3 yrs. Something out of sync there. JJ is looking more and more the real deal though.

The defense though...woof.  That's amazing what they look like.  That UNLV offense was designed to scare the shiz out of an elite program and it looked like Georgia or Alabama (prior to 2023) playing them

BGSU alum here...please run the score up on us this weekend.  Our HC is Scot Loeffler..a former UM assistant  under Lloyd Carr.  He's entering his 5th year here and has yet to post a winning record...he runs Lloyd's offense from 2000 with a less talented group.  I've been hoping he'll get canned since 2021...you guys dropping 70 on us (likely won't happen given the Harbaugh family ties to BG) might expedite that process.

The guy to watch on our team is CB Davon Ferguson.  Not because he's talented...he has a short fuse and is prone to outbursts on the field.  He somehow managed to earn  an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at season standing on the sidelines in street clothes.  I predict he does at least one really stupid thing Saturday night

21 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

BGSU alum here...please run the score up on us this weekend.  Our HC is Scot Loeffler..a former UM assistant  under Lloyd Carr.  He's entering his 5th year here and has yet to post a winning record...he runs Lloyd's offense from 2000 with a less talented group.  I've been hoping he'll get canned since 2021...you guys dropping 70 on us (likely won't happen given the Harbaugh family ties to BG) might expedite that process.

The guy to watch on our team is CB Davon Ferguson.  Not because he's talented...he has a short fuse and is prone to outbursts on the field.  He somehow managed to earn  an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at season standing on the sidelines in street clothes.  I predict he does at least one really stupid thing Saturday night

I predict the same about myself. 

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Only goes to show that no matter how much we try to keep perspective, we fans still end up giving too much credence to games against bad opponents, which remain meaningless evaluators.

Worrying about the O-Line and running game................ They're using about 30% of their playbook right now.      The O-Line is still gelling.   Either Edwards is nursing an injury or they just don't want to show him to anyone right now.     Not worried right now.  The first big test will be at Sparty on October 21st.   MSU might not be that good, but they'll be fired up.  I think the fact that it's a night game and drinking is allowed is going to make for an absolute disaster that night.  I think some bad **** is going to happen.  

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Worrying about the O-Line and running game................ They're using about 30% of their playbook right now.      The O-Line is still gelling.   Either Edwards is nursing an injury or they just don't want to show him to anyone right now.     Not worried right now.  The first big test will be at Sparty on October 21st.   MSU might not be that good, but they'll be fired up.  I think the fact that it's a night game and drinking is allowed is going to make for an absolute disaster that night.  I think some bad **** is going to happen.  

I think it would be important that the MSU leadership recognizes that.  They don't seem to have a track record of premonition though.

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If JJ's gonna have a bad game, best that he gets it out of his system vs. Bowling Green.     This one humbled him a bit and that's really good for Michigan.  

I happened to have the radio on this morning and heard Boomer talking about QBs and throwing catchable balls. JJ should have been listening - he was talking about not trying to break guys' hands - basically touch. JJ is trying to wait too long to get deeper into the progression, but the cost is that he's having to throw all heaters, which are both harder to catch and easier to misfire. It's impressive to show all that arm, but you don't want to be making every throw that way.