2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I happened to have the radio on this morning and heard Boomer talking about QBs and throwing catchable balls. JJ should have been listening - he was talking about not trying to break guys' hands - basically touch. JJ is trying to wait too long to get deeper into the progression, but the cost is that he's having to throw all heaters, which are both harder to catch and easier to misfire. It's impressive to show all that arm, but you don't want to be making every throw that way.

You can say that about Josh Allen too.   JJ is actually very similar to Josh Allen.   Swings for home runs all the time.    I am sure Harbaugh will help him with that.   Wouldn't shock me to see Harbaugh call his old QB Andrew Luck to come in and mentor JJ a little bit.     

Plus, as far as Michigan receivers being disappointing so far..........they're not really using much of their playbook and all we're seeing is the most vanilla offense possible.  

It's so unfair to call things "vanilla".   When someone does Vanilla right it's delicious.   

On 9/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Tigeraholic1 said:

My ND squad has Ohio State, Duke and USC in the next 4 weeks. For all you haters LOL

Super talented squad that got better by losing Tommy Rees.  I don’t believe in the head coach.   Freeman is great in front of a camera but not ready for this job and what it takes between the lines.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think Rutgers is going to give Michigan fans an uncomfortable afternoon.   JJ better be better than last week. 

I’ve got just the opposite.  Harbaugh is back and magically both sides become dominant.  UM by 5 TD. 

Michigan has not looked anything close to a #2 team this year, but I also know that they are playing as vanilla as they can and are not using much of the playbook, so other teams don't get any "tape".     When they go on the road the next two weeks they'll have to open things up, but I knew Rutgers would not be a pushover this year.  Schiano's a great college coach.  

41 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Michigan has not looked anything close to a #2 team this year, but I also know that they are playing as vanilla as they can and are not using much of the playbook, so other teams don't get any "tape".     When they go on the road the next two weeks they'll have to open things up, but I knew Rutgers would not be a pushover this year.  Schiano's a great college coach.  

they were losing to Rutgers at halftime last year.... and not having Harbaugh for 3 games isnt nothing

I don't know if Schiano's money was on the spread today, but only his repeated decisions to pass on taking points kept this game from being a lot closer on the scoreboard. He can fairly argue that close was pointless, he was playing for broke as it was the only route to a win and maybe he'd be right. But still, I think most coaches would rather keep the game as close as they can and hope for some kind of lucky break when up a against a superior team. I thought his decision to pass up the FG when it would have made it a one score game and JJ had tossed 3 picks a week earlier was indefensible from any perspective. He deserved for that call to turn into the nail in his team's coffin.