2023 Michigan Football

djhutch

35 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Some people are very upset over the Peacock thing.   It's $6 a month, it's no big deal, but I think folks probably need to get used to the fact that free football on TV is probably going away within a decade.   Can't do it so much with sports that have 80 - 162 games a year, but for those precious 12-18 games of football?   Yeah, people will probably have to pay soon.  Better get used to the idea. 

Oh, you'll get free college games.   Enjoy Eastern Michigan vs. Northern Illinois.    

or alternately, you'll find you don't miss it.

I don’t think it has to do with $6/mo, it’s that it was just one more f***ing streaming app.

When everyone was cutting cable, it was because you could get the local channels and then Netflix and Hulu and you were paying half what you were for cable for content that was just as good.

Nowadays people have three favorite shows, all on different streaming platforms, the cost of each has increased x4, and new ones are cropping up daily for even stuff you should get on the local channels (e.g., a Michigan game).

It’s more expensive than cable was back in the day.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think it has to do with $6/mo, it’s that it was just one more f***ing streaming app.

When everyone was cutting cable, it was because you could get the local channels and then Netflix and Hulu and you were paying half what you were for cable for content that was just as good.

Nowadays people have three favorite shows, all on different streaming platforms, the cost of each has increased x4, and new ones are cropping up daily for even stuff you should get on the local channels (e.g., a Michigan game).

But it's not.  If I add up You Tube TV, Hulu, Peacock and Netflix, it's a little more than half of what I was paying before.   Cable costs had gotten insane.       Cable/Internet was up to $240 a month for me.   Now internet and those packages are about $145.      Cheaper than going to a decent sized concert.    I am a radio Program Director now and it's the only reason I can see Arctic Monkeys and Beck in the same week.   If not for the perk of the job, I could not afford that.  

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Yup. What has happened is that people who are not big TV fans are saving money because they aren't paying for anything, and the folks who used to be subsidized by the those people are now paying more to get all the services they want. From a macro economics standpoint that's a reasonable outcome, but you wonder whether this system reduces  overall potential future audiences for the industry or not.

JJ's trail foot was right on the line when the ball was released and you need to remember that the red line is not official or part of what the official is looking at.  Makes sense to me that they stayed with the call on the field but at the same time, I would have been okay with them overturning the call.  

Edited by MIguy

JJ looked unreal in the first half. Yes people will say the competition sucked but the plays and throws he was making was independent of the comp, he was moving in the pocket to perfection and throwing darts. Wasn't just completing passes but he was placing the ball perfectly even when the window was tight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

JJ looked unreal in the first half. Yes people will say the competition sucked but the plays and throws he was making was independent of the comp, he was moving in the pocket to perfection and throwing darts. Wasn't just completing passes but he was placing the ball perfectly even when the window was tight. 

Shhhh..Ohio is listening...lol

21 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why am I paying Xfinity all this money for cable TV and then listening to UM football on the radio like it's 1975 or something? All this Commiecast crap is going back on Monday. I'll just stream my sports. Does anyone stream Bally Sports? Can you record the games?

You can't record Michigan games on Bally ---

[that was supposed to be in the vein of "sir, this is a Wendy's"]

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Why am I paying Xfinity all this money for cable TV and then listening to UM football on the radio like it's 1975 or something? All this Commiecast crap is going back on Monday. I'll just stream my sports. Does anyone stream Bally Sports? Can you record the games?

Jon Jansen is a commentary star but while Karsch is a clear upgrade over Brandstatter and describes the plays well and promptly, he has an odd voice for PBP.