Week Three: Atlanta Falcons (2-0) @ Detroit Lions (1-1)

MichiganCardinal

Total domination. I hope some of you that jumped off the bandwagon didn't hurt your ankles.

It kind of sucks that there's only a 4 day break until the Green Bay game with all the injuries, really need Decker back especially, but....next man up. This regime just feels different.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Total domination. I hope some of you that jumped off the bandwagon didn't hurt your ankles.

It kind of sucks that there's only a 4 day break until the Green Bay game with all the injuries, really need Decker back especially, but....next man up. This regime just feels different.

dancing.gif

DEFCON 9 EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Swift is at the Chiefs game

14 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I'd say mission accomplished.

I feel much better for sure given that they held Atlanta offensively scoreless and had a killer pass rush today against a mobile QB. Their pass rush was monstrous today and stepped up in a big way and was backed up by strong playcalling from Aaron Glenn. It's a positive sign to see Glenn match Campbell's offensive aggressiveness on defense and dial up more blitz packages today.

Also, Sam LaPorta gives me George Kittle vibes with the way he goes for the ball and pushes for all the YAC yards he can get. LaPorta looks like a stud if this level of play stays consistent.

32 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I wasn't watching the game when it happened so it's probably not fair for me to comment on it but in a vacuum I agree with the decision by Staley to go for it there on 4th down vs. punting it away. Don't agree necessarily with the actual play he called but the decision I do. 

why?

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

why?

Considering the Vikes were down 4 and needing a TD and were in guaranteed 4 down territory, I just don't think there is THAT much difference between having to go 40ish yards or the likely 75 yards if you punted it away. The toughest part for them was always going to be closer to the goal line when the field is condensed. 

Basically the thought of gaining 1 yard and guaranteeing a win was well worth the risk of giving them a shorter field. Not to mention the side benefit of giving them a shorter field is that IF they do score a TD you are likely to get the ball back with more time than if they had to go all the way down the field. 

24 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Considering the Vikes were down 4 and needing a TD and were in guaranteed 4 down territory, I just don't think there is THAT much difference between having to go 40ish yards or the likely 75 yards if you punted it away. The toughest part for them was always going to be closer to the goal line when the field is condensed. 

Basically the thought of gaining 1 yard and guaranteeing a win was well worth the risk of giving them a shorter field. Not to mention the side benefit of giving them a shorter field is that IF they do score a TD you are likely to get the ball back with more time than if they had to go all the way down the field. 

If Cousins would have spiked the ball, the Vikings may have won. A rookie mistake from a grizzled veteran.