2024 NFL Draft

3 minutes ago, KL2 said:

wait 6th and 7th rounders were guarenteed spots before? I think most were luckly to make the practice squad if not cut. 

And the NIL issue you propose would be nuterlized after a year. And its been in place for 3. 

On the Lions they have been for the last few years. Guys like Jermar Jefferson, Chase Lucas, and Antoine Green had a much easier spot to making the team than whoever they pick in the 7th round this season.

I don't have the data to back it up (if it exists I'd be interested), but I don't think NIL was widespread the moment it was authorized. First round guys that made a ton of money from NIL (and in the NFL) were the first to get the money when it became a thing. I think it's taken a little while for a lot of schools to trickle that down to the secondary guys.

I have no problem trading up with a third to get their man even if they "lost" the trade by the standard charts.

The thing we have to keep in mind is that we had a surplus of draft picks the previous couple years including 6 in the first 3 rounds last year, all of whom will be on the team so eventually you have to start consolidating picks. There isn't unlimited roster spots. 

We're at the point where the roster spots we have available need to be used on high end talent not your standard mid to late round draft pick so if you have to "overpay" to get that high end talent so be it. 

34 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I have no problem trading up with a third to get their man even if they "lost" the trade by the standard charts.

The thing we have to keep in mind is that we had a surplus of draft picks the previous couple years including 6 in the first 3 rounds last year, all of whom will be on the team so eventually you have to start consolidating picks. There isn't unlimited roster spots. 

We're at the point where the roster spots we have available need to be used on high end talent not your standard mid to late round draft pick so if you have to "overpay" to get that high end talent so be it. 

This.  We’re just not used to this as Lions fans.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, buddha said:

TERRION ARNOLD

ALABAMA

CB

Prospect Info

COLLEGE

Alabama

HOMETOWN

CLASS

Tallahassee, FL

R-Sophomore

HEIGHT

6’ 0’’

WEIGHT

189 lbs

ARM

31 5/8’’

HAND

8 7/8’’

Prospect Grade

Will Become Good Starter Within Two Years

Good

View All Prospects

2024 Draft Results

DRAFTED BY

DETROIT

LIONS

Detroit Lions

Round 1 ‧ Pick 24

Read More

Score Breakdown

Production Score

2024 Combine CB Rank: 1st

Athleticism Score *est

2024 Combine CB Rank: 17th

Total Score

2024 Combine CB Rank: 2nd

Combine Results

u-unofficial

40-Yard Dash

Seconds

10-Yard Split

Seconds

Vertical Jump

37’’

Broad Jump

10’ 9’’

3-Cone Drill

--

20-Yd Shuttle

--

Bench Press

--

Alabama CB Terrion Arnold joins 'GMFB' on day of '24 draft

Player Bio

2021: Redshirted.

2022: FWAA Freshman All-American, Freshman All-SEC. Played in 11 games with seven starts (45 tackles, INT, 8 PBUs).

2023: First-team Associated Press All-American. First-team All-SEC. Tied for sixth in the FBS with 5 INTs, tied for fifth with 17 passes defended (12 PBUs). Started all 14 games.

-- by Chad Reuter

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

Draft Projection

Round 1

NFL Comparison

Marshon Lattimore

Overview

Twitchy man-cover corner with outstanding athletic ability and the skill set to bring in ball production at the professional level. Arnold possesses average size but plays with a desired level of aggression and competitiveness in both phases of his job. He’s fast and agile to match up against a variety of receiver flavors on the outside or in the slot. Arnold could squeeze routes tighter from off coverages and limit the yards after catch with a slightly different approach. His closing burst allows him to meet throws at the catch point with a natural feel for playing angles and attacking the receiver’s hands. Arnold will make mistakes with positioning and lose focus at times, but the athletic traits and nose for the ball create quality upside for him to be positioned as a CB1 within a couple of years.

Thank

you

for

posting

this.

appreciate

it!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I’ll be heading down in a little, my buddy has work. Wish us luck finding parking lol

Park at Wayne State and the garage off Cass and then take the Qline down Woodward. It's only $10 at Wayne State and the garage is open until midnight. I did it yesterday and today. 

I parked at Structure 6 off Cass in the link below. I'm a Wayne State alum but you don't need to be to park there. 

https://parking.wayne.edu/info/lot-structure

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Park at Wayne State and the garage off Cass and then take the Qline down Woodward. It's only $10 at Wayne State and the garage is open until midnight. I did it yesterday and today. 

I parked at Structure 6 off Cass in the link below. I'm a Wayne State alum but you don't need to be to park there. 

https://parking.wayne.edu/info/lot-structure

Always park there for Pistons games.

• Like 1

Damn I'm late to the party on this but just realized that we indeed must have traded our Vikings 2nd for Carlton Davis and not our own. I seem to recall at the time of the trade there were conflicting reports but I was of the understanding that it was our own that we traded but I guess not. 

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Damn I'm late to the party on this but just realized that we indeed must have traded our Vikings 2nd for Carlton Davis and not our own. I seem to recall at the time of the trade there were conflicting reports but I was of the understanding that it was our own that we traded but I guess not. 

The Lions traded their own 3rd for Davis. They traded Minnesota's 3rd for Arnold.