2024 NFL Draft

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

4th round punter is so Bears.  I was getting a little worried seeing what they were assembling and needed that little reminder of the braintrust they’re working with.  

When they go 7-10 and clean house, they’ll be well on the way to ruining another quarterback.

• Haha 1

6-8, 350 lbs Canadian OT SUMMARY: Werner “Giovanni” Manu was born in Tonga before moving to Canada at age 11. He was a natural at basketball, then started playing football when he attended Pitt Meadows Secondary in 2013. Between his freshman and sophomore years in high school, he grew five inches and put on almost 80 pounds. He continued to play basketball (averaged more than 30 points per game as a senior) but was recruited for football. He enrolled at the University of British Columbia and earned the starting left tackle job as a freshman. He was a four-year starter for the Thunderbirds, also seeing time at guard. His unpolished tendencies are easy to spot on tape — he plays too narrow and off balance in the run game with late hands in pass pro. But he moves really well for his size, espec ially out in space, and punishes anyone in his way. Overall, Manu isn’t NFL ready, but he is a highly intriguing developmental tackle with rare athletic tools that might get him drafted.

Manu is a raw offensive tackle prospect with rare size, long arms and good quickness for his size. He didn't play against a high level of competition at the college level, but he is a powerful run blocker who overwhelms defenders on tape. He flashes a strong punch, and his wide frame makes it tough to get around him when he is in pass protection. -- Steve Muench

Edited by RatkoVarda
  • Like 1

This is my first wtf pick.  

It’s not the player but the value. 

I can’t believe anyone was talking him this early and he’s not worth a 3rd rounder.   Not good use of draft capital and assets.

Don’t like it but still not as bad as using your last pick in the draft on a punter in the 4th round. 

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This is my first wtf pick.  

It’s not the player but the value. 

I can’t believe anyone was talking him this early and he’s not worth a 3rd rounder.   Not good use of draft capital and assets.

Don’t like it but still not as bad as using your last pick in the draft on a punter in the 4th round. 

After googling him I found that several teams did host him for private workouts including the Chiefs, Cowboys and Lions and some cowboys bloggers mentioned him as a possible day 2 pick for them so he was atleast on some teams radars. 

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Sorsdal. Only need someone who can play right tackle. 

They had an alternative, very interesting Plan B in mind:

All 6'8" 350#'s of Giovanni Manu out of British Columbia!

Cost: Next year's 3rd...

Posted (edited)

Forum seems to be messing up here...

Traded the Philly 4th from next year for Sione Vaki...

I'm guessing he'll be our new-fangled kick returner this year.

As well as multi-versatile depth at Safety, RB, special teams... maybe even WR?

Jack of ALL trades!!!

Edited by 1984Echoes