2024 NFL Draft

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Detroit Lions Detroit Lions: Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia – MILLEN Grade

Sorry, Lions fans, for giving you a Millen grade, but this isn’t the best selection. Giovanni Manu is a late-round prospect, so had Detroit made this pick a round later, I wouldn’t have minded it. However, surrendering a third-round pick in 2025 to get him is a huge mistake. A huge, kielbasa type of mistake.

6 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

intriguing for how little experience he seems to have at rb

That was against the 111th ranked defense in the country.  There were high school defenses that were better coached and more fundamentally sound. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, buddha said:

Detroit Lions Detroit Lions: Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia – MILLEN Grade

Sorry, Lions fans, for giving you a Millen grade, but this isn’t the best selection. Giovanni Manu is a late-round prospect, so had Detroit made this pick a round later, I wouldn’t have minded it. However, surrendering a third-round pick in 2025 to get him is a huge mistake. A huge, kielbasa type of mistake.

I think a Millen grade is a little harsh but I too am not crazy about giving up a 2025 third for him. OTOH assuming we are what we expect to be next year it would equate to around the 100th pick, so giving up the 100th pick next year to get a 150ish ranked prospect this year isn't that outrageous. 

I don’t love trading a future 3rd for a player who didn’t seem to be an obvious “how is he still on the board” guy. That said, it’s not sound reasoning, but I trust so completely in Holmes that I’m like “if he sees the heir apparent to Decker, who am I to judge?” It would take a lot to get me away from that mindset.

If I was going to defend the trade, I think there are reasons to do so. For one, this is an incredibly deep team as it stands today. We don’t need filler players for spots 48-53, we need role players now who can become starters within two years.

For another, we came into today with 9 picks next year. I have a hard time imagining us having nine holes to fill. On top of that, Jonah Jackson and CJGJ are both possible compensatory candidates to get additional picks. At the end of the day I’m not going to get worked up over sending pick 90-something away. Sure that’s a possible starter but Brad clearly saw a possible starter in this Canadien beast or he wouldn’t have made the move.

I love the Mekhi Wingo pick. He was productive as all hell from the interior in the SEC, was one of the most athletic DTs in the draft, and was falling just because he’s a bit undersized.

Put him between Reader and Houston on obvious pass downs and watch Caleb Williams eat turf.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

With the 210th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select future Hall of Famer Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College.

FINALLY, an interior offensive lineman. Glad to see it. I was hoping we'd get a potential future starter much sooner than this. 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

Brad and Dan know what they got more than we do. But no WR? I would have bet almost any amount of money that in this draft, DEEEEPPPPPP in WR, they would have picked one.

And I don't know what Brenden Rice did, and I don't want to know.