2024 NFL Draft

I was reading up on Vaki and I read that he shared the backfield with Najee Harris in HS and it caught me off guard considering Harris was drafted in 2021 but now I see he delayed his start of college so that makes more sense. 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I was reading up on Vaki and I read that he shared the backfield with Najee Harris in HS and it caught me off guard considering Harris was drafted in 2021 but now I see he delayed his start of college so that makes more sense. 

Sounds like not just a good football player but a very good human. The Lions draft character.

12 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

164 and 201 went to Philly;

they just have 205, and 210, and 249

Just saw that...

Less nice.

Next year's Philly 4th plus this year's 5th and a 6th round swap?

That seems like a steep cost for one end-of-round 4th....?

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Taking Craig Reynolds job? 

Possibly.

But I wouldn't look at that as immediate.

Unless he's that good...?

Otherwise... I think he starts out as KR/ special teams guy, 4th RB behind Craig...

And becomes MORE versatile (safety, etc...) as the years go by and he has more time to absorb the complexities of the league and the (safety especially) position...

Methinks it will be a gradual process.

6 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Possibly.

But I wouldn't look at that as immediate.

Unless he's that good...?

Otherwise... I think he starts out as KR/ special teams guy, 4th RB behind Craig...

And becomes MORE versatile (safety, etc...) as the years go by and he has more time to absorb the complexities of the league and the (safety especially) position...

Methinks it will be a gradual process.

Brad just likes drafting athletic players. They'll find a position...

I have Martin Mayhew flashbacks with this trade of a future 3rd rounder to get the tackle prospect Giovanni Manu in the 4th round. This guy was essentially taken with a 3rd round pick. I feel like he has to be a starter at RT to replace Sewell when he eventually slides over to replace Taylor Decker. So he should be our future starting right RT after this year or next. The good thing is, given that we don't need to to start right away, he have some time to develop and learn from two of the best tackles in the league.

The dude looks like a beast given his size and has a great RAS score. He seems like a very athletic tackle for his large frame and size. So hopefully he can learn, grow, and be brought along to be a starter.

image.thumb.png.36e328103670eb8b8ab363ee039e69bc.png

I am disappointed that we haven't addressed the interior of the offensive line or WR. Consider we have a 34 year old guard in Kevin Zeitler,a 31 year guard in Graham Glasgow, and a banged up 29 year old Center in Frank Ragnow I was really hoping to pickup at least one potential, future starter on the interior of this offensive line. That is one of our  biggest needs at this point and something that has gone unaddressed.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

6-8, 350 lbs Canadian OT SUMMARY: Werner “Giovanni” Manu was born in Tonga before moving to Canada at age 11. He was a natural at basketball, then started playing football when he attended Pitt Meadows Secondary in 2013. Between his freshman and sophomore years in high school, he grew five inches and put on almost 80 pounds. He continued to play basketball (averaged more than 30 points per game as a senior) but was recruited for football. He enrolled at the University of British Columbia and earned the starting left tackle job as a freshman. He was a four-year starter for the Thunderbirds, also seeing time at guard. His unpolished tendencies are easy to spot on tape — he plays too narrow and off balance in the run game with late hands in pass pro. But he moves really well for his size, espec ially out in space, and punishes anyone in his way. Overall, Manu isn’t NFL ready, but he is a highly intriguing developmental tackle with rare athletic tools that might get him drafted.

Manu is a raw offensive tackle prospect with rare size, long arms and good quickness for his size. He didn't play against a high level of competition at the college level, but he is a powerful run blocker who overwhelms defenders on tape. He flashes a strong punch, and his wide frame makes it tough to get around him when he is in pass protection. -- Steve Muench

lol, I actually know this guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1