5/15/24 1:10PM Marlins @ Tigers

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Going to my first game in 7 years.      Can you still buy tickets right at the Will Call window?    I just don't want to pay the ridiculous online fees.   

Yes sir, but hurry before they sell out!!!!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

According to Fangraphs, the Tigers have three of the top twenty five starters in baseball and they can't score any runs for two of them. Javy Baez is the worst hitter in baseball and his defense has taken a nosedive recently. It's time to give him the Jose Abreu treatment.

Keith is probably the future at second but Ibanez is better on both sides of the ball right now. Send Keith down and let Ibanez play full time. I don't get why he lost his job in the first place. He was one of their best players last year. Build up his trade value instead of sitting him on the bench.

Harris seems way too passive in his approach to the roster.

Edited by Tigermojo

That Fielder photo is one of my all-time favorite Tiger photos.  I remember seeing it in the local paper and thinking how cool it was to have the slugger on the roof where he hit some of his most majestic homers.  His first season with the Tigers was really special.  Having a relative unknown coming to the Tigers and hitting 50 homers in an era when that just didn't happen was magical.  

• Like 3

Don't look now, but our best reliever is Joey Wentz, which serves me right for agitating for his release for a couple of years now. 😁

In 14-2/3 innings, he's striking out 28.4% of hitters, getting more ground balls while limiting fly balls, getting swings outside the zone and misses on most of them, hammering hitters with strike one, and limiting barrels. This has resulted in a sterling 1.23 ERA, good for a 32 ERA- that's not entirely luck, since his FIP- is 60, which is in the 88th percentile for qualifying relievers.

tl;dr: Wentz good.

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Don't look now, but our best reliever is Joey Wentz, which serves me right for agitating for his release for a couple of years now. 😁

In 14-2/3 innings, he's striking out 28.4% of hitters, getting more ground balls while limiting fly balls, getting swings outside the zone and misses on most of them, hammering hitters with strike one, and limiting barrels. This has resulted in a sterling 1.23 ERA, good for a 32 ERA- that's not entirely luck, since his FIP- is 60, which is in the 88th percentile for qualifying relievers.

tl;dr: Wentz good.

Hmm- The box score from Sunday just called to say "Liars, dammed liars, and statisticians!"   :classic_tongue:

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Hmm- The box score from Sunday just called to say "Liars, dammed liars, and statisticians!"   :classic_tongue:

Hmmm ... and the box scores from all seven games from April 8 to May 8 call bull**** on your box score.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Hmmm ... and the box scores from all seven games from April 8 to May 8 call bull**** on your box score.

LOL and the the beauty for Wentz on Sunday is that he only got charged with one run.  Reliever performance evaluation is interesting because getting lit up once can skew a relievers numbers for months, when as a manager you might well prefer a guy who is lights out 9 days and gets lit up on the 10th to a guy that lets in one inherited runner every time out but has better seasonal numbers.....

Edited by gehringer_2

In the moment, it feels terrible that we are throwing away the run prevention in the name of sustainability, long term, flexibility, low risk contracts. 

It's mind numbingly boring and a bad product. Hopefully a few hitters can do something.

Posted (edited)

I watched the first 2 innings today and made the decision to turn this game off. I just can't watch another game with soft contact being the order of the day from this lineup. It hurts me to write this. It really does.

Edited by UCFKNIGHT