TP_Fan

On 3/30/2022 at 11:03 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

I'll take a crack at the schedule

Sept 11   at Chicago

Sept 18  vs. Miami

Sept 25  vs. Minnesota

Oct 2   at Green Bay

Oct 9 vs. Washington

Oct 17 at Dallas (Monday Night Football)

Oct 23 vs. Chicago

Oct 30 at NY Jets

Nov 6  vs. Seattle

Nov 13 at New England

Nov 20 at Carolina

Nov 24. vs. Green Bay (Thanksgiving)

Dec 4 vs. Jacksonville

Dec 11 at NY Giants

Dec 18 vs. Buffalo 

Dec 24 vs. Philadelphia (Saturday)

Jan 1 at Minnesota  

Looks like I got it all wrong.............

3 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Appears you were correct. We can be smoked by Josh Allen in front of a national audience instead.

That AFC rule no longer applies. A few years ago we were bears on CBS. 

There are a couple games that trade networks each year now. 

4 minutes ago, KL2 said:

"The NFL is expected to release the entire 2022 regular season schedule on Thursday. Ahead of that, Vice President of NFL Broadcast Planning Michael North spoke with the Los Angeles Times’ Sam Farmer to discuss how the schedule is built. North revealed the NFL is back to rotating an AFC team between the Lions and the Cowboys for the traditional Thanksgiving matchup, with the Cowboys having hosted the Las Vegas Raiders last year. That sets up the Lions to host an AFC opponent this year, and they only have the Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills, and the Jacksonville Jaguars on their slate. North acknowledged to Farmer that the league is looking toward the Bills and Dolphins as possibilities, which probably makes sense since the Jaguars already have their London game as a mid-day showcase event."

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/5/11/23067372/nfl-schedule-release-2022-miami-dolphins-detroit-lions-thanksgiving-day

Edited by shorts

7 minutes ago, shorts said:

"The NFL is expected to release the entire 2022 regular season schedule on Thursday. Ahead of that, Vice President of NFL Broadcast Planning Michael North spoke with the Los Angeles Times’ Sam Farmer to discuss how the schedule is built. North revealed the NFL is back to rotating an AFC team between the Lions and the Cowboys for the traditional Thanksgiving matchup, with the Cowboys having hosted the Las Vegas Raiders last year. That sets up the Lions to host an AFC opponent this year, and they only have the Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills, and the Jacksonville Jaguars on their slate. North acknowledged to Farmer that the league is looking toward the Bills and Dolphins as possibilities, which probably makes sense since the Jaguars already have their London game as a mid-day showcase event."

https://www.thephinsider.com/2022/5/11/23067372/nfl-schedule-release-2022-miami-dolphins-detroit-lions-thanksgiving-day

Hmmmm who to believe out of context random fan blog or places like CBS, Sports Business Daily and the Wall Street Journal?

(BTW the quote was traditionally and then he qualified it to say its not a guarantee)

None of this is to say it couldn't be Buffalo or Miami but the thinking it has to be one or two teams is wrong. 

Edited by KL2

17 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

We got to play at Lambeau early last year but it seems like that was the outlier, if feels like it's always at the end of the season and this coming year is no exception. 

Yup, always seem to end up there in the cold.  Kinda sucks.

so with the releases so far we assume:

open with philly at home.  

on the road against the pats in week 5.  

bears on the road in week 10, giants on the road week 11.  

bills on turkey day.

finish at home against the bears and then at the packers.

6 hours ago, KL2 said:

Let's not link accounts that have been 87 percent wrong

The account that posted Bills/Lions is historically pretty accurate. They’re not perfect (obviously lol) but they were pretty good last year. They’re the ones who publish the spreadsheet of leaks.

The first site I linked I probably shouldn’t have, it’s why I put the caveat about being unconfirmed. I was just excited to see a leak.

Nice to start at home for the first 2 and 3 of first 4. With the exception of Thanksgiving which starts at 12:30 all the games are at 1. I kinda figured no prime time games but surprised there isn't any 4pm games either, I suppose it's cause we don't play any road games in the west. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Nice to start at home for the first 2 and 3 of first 4. I kinda figured no prime time games but surprised there isn't any 4pm games either, I suppose it's cause we don't play any road games in the west. 

7 or 8 wins if they stay healthy and get some luck.  end of the season looks favorable.

1 minute ago, buddha said:

7 or 8 wins if they stay healthy and get some luck.  end of the season looks favorable.

It's possible, I think they'll have to go atleast 3-2 before the bye. I feel all those games are winnable, yeah Philly smoked them last year and is much improved but the first week is always a crazy so they could steal that one.  Washington and Seattle at home you should win but if you do split there I think they can win at Minnesota and NE. Despite my love for Mac Jones I don't think NE is all that good. 

Looking more in depth at the schedule and yeah I agree that its easy to find 7 or 8 wins there. As of now I see 5 home games that they may actually be favored in if the line was put out today and that's Washington, Seattle, Minny, Chicago and Jacksonville.  You can't expect them to win all 5 but if they win 3 or 4 of those then steal another 1 at home from Philly, Miami, Buffalo on Tday or GB then you're looking at a 4-5 or 5-4 home record.

Outside of Dallas and GB if they have something to play for none of the road games scare me that much, it's not hard to envision them winning a couple of those so yeah now that I think about it I think 7 should be the minimum target if they stay healthy. With some luck and/or Goff great play I don't think 9 or even 10 wins is out of the question if absolutely everything goes perfectly. Not that I think they are a true 10 win team, just that they play a lot of beatable teams and if everything goes right I think they could do it.. 

Edited by RandyMarsh