Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Gania commented early in the game that it wasn't clear that the gun was even working...

Yeah the one I watched was his start like 5 days ago and was just going by the gun they showed on the graphic. Judging by the swings he was getting I figured it was mid 90s but nope some were registering as low as 88 for the FB. 

Toledo PPD

Erie W 6-2

Keith 1/4 2K HR 2RBI
Perez 1/3 BB 2RBI
Dingler 2/4 HR RBI K
Cruz 0/4 4K
Hurter 5IP 3H 1R BB 7K

WM W 13-4
Jung 0/6 2K RBI
Crouch 2/5 2K 2B
Pacheco 3/4 RBI BB K 2B
Campos 2/4 RBI BB K 3B
Serretti 3/4 HR 3RBI (.333 AVG with an .948 OPS for the season)

Lakeland L 6-5
Johnson 0/4 BB 2K
Graham 2/5 RBI K 2B
Jenkins 2/5 3B 2RBI 3K
Santana 1/4 RBI HR 3K
Reyes 1/3 HR RBI K BB

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

And the Ding Man just misses another HR, has to settle for a 3 run double! 

Meteoric rise to Toledo?  Waiting for the Cody Stavenhagen expose about how Dingler sought out a Himalayan hitting guru who completely transformed his hitting approach in the offseason.

• Haha 1

Toledo Game 1 W 4-3
Meadows 0/3 BB K
Malloy  1/2 2RBI 1BB
Lipcius 2/3 2RBI 2B
Olson 5IP 3ER 3BB 4K

Toledo Game 2 L 9-0
Nothing good here only 3 hits total

Erie W 12-7
Keith 1/5 RBI 
Perez 2/4 BB 2K
Dingler 2/4 4RBI BB K
Rodriguez 2/5 2HR 6RBI
Montero (First AA start) 4.1IP 5H 4ER 5BB 3K 

WM L 4-1
Serretti 1/3 BB
Jung 1/4 K 2B
Campos 1/3 BB 2B
Walker 2/4 RBI HR
Crouch 0/3
Michael (2022 draftee but already 25) 2IP 5K

Lakeland L 13-7
Graham 1/4 2B K
Johnson 0/4 BB 2K
Jenkins 3/5 RBI 3B
Santana 0/1 4BB
Sequera 2/4 2B 2RBI BB K

2 hours ago, casimir said:

They’re starting to pitch to him like he’s Ted Inge.

I like this, I think that he has a chance to be a thoroughbred, let's see him work through this in Toledo and I don't care if he stays there all year, I actually hope he does.  And he was DH today, that pissed me off, I want him playing third base.

5 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I like this, I think that he has a chance to be a thoroughbred, let's see him work through this in Toledo and I don't care if he stays there all year, I actually hope he does.  And he was DH today, that pissed me off, I want him playing third base.

Yes, I also think seeing him go through some struggles now in Toledo is a good thing.  Work through it.  What's the process.  Physical, mental.  Its going to happen in MLB, so learn that lesson now.  I wonder if Greene and Torkelson were pushed to quickly and we're seeing the downfall of that.  Before last season, Greene did struggle initially in the lower levels, but Torkelson never really did.

As far as DH vs 3B, a couple of thoughts.  I agree, I want him getting as many reps at 3B as possible.  He has played 171 of the 248 innings of 3B for Toledo.  That's the highest number of defensive innings played at any position for the Mud Hens.  Meadows is next at 165 in CF.  The other thought is that Toledo also has had Nevin, Ibanez, Lipcius, and Kreidler on the roster at some point or another.  I want the focus of 3B defensive work to be on Malloy, but there are other guys that should get some game time once in a while at 3B also.  

6 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

It's really why we should all be big Andy Ibanez fans right now... the better the AAAA depth vets do, the less we are stuck having to leverage young guys.

I do wish they would have gone out and gotten Brian Anderson tho as opposed to hoping Nevin/Ibanez worked out

Toledo L 5-2
Meadows 1/3 RBI BB K
Malloy 0/4 2K
Lipcis 1/4
White 2IP 3H 2K

Erie L 12-4
Cruz 1/5 2K 2B
Keith 1/4 2B
Perez 2/4
Dingler 2/3 BB RBI SB 
Madden 5IP 4K 3ER

WM W 4-3
Campos 1/4 3B K
Serretti 2/3 BB (.347 AVG .966 OPS wondering how much longer he will be down in WM)
Pacheco 0/4 K

Lakeland L 3-2 10 innings
Johnson 0/5 4K
Graham 0/4 2K
Sequera 2/4 2K SB
Santana 0/3 BB 2K
Melton 5IP ER 4H 4K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Down in Erie the Seawolves are up 10-4 late in the game. Keith 1-4 with a HR and a walk and after taking the day off yesterday the Dirk Dingler returns to the lineup and stays hot going 2-4 with a walk and 3 RBIs. Flores had another so so outing it appears, 5 innings of 3 run ball with only 3KS and 2BBs. I don't know what his stuff has looked like but judging by the results it must be way down this year. 

• Like 2