Pacheco 4/5 RBI 2B
Campos 3/5 2B HR K 3RBI
Walker 3/5 3B 2K 4RBI

Lakeland L 15-4
Graham 0/2 2BB SB
Santana 1/3 BB 2B RBI K
Sequera 1/4 3K 
Stephenson 1/4 2B SB K

Looks like Dingler is set to go back to Erie. Also in the article, Keider Montero is moving up to AA. 

Dingler had missed the past month-plus after meniscus surgery on his right knee. But he began a rehab stint two weeks ago at Single-A Lakeland and has gotten A-grades, as his eight-game start (heading into Sunday) showed: .448 batting average, four home runs, 1.474 OPS, with four strikeouts and five walks.

Handsome stuff from a man who, at 24, might be considered the most pivotal prospect in the Tigers system. He’ll be rejoining Double-A Erie this week.

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Dingler is the most pivotal prospect in the Tigers system?

It would be a boon to have him turn out well, but not sure I'd classify him that way myself.

I had kind of forgotten about him.  Good to see him get back on the radar.  

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Dingler is the most pivotal prospect in the Tigers system?

It would be a boon to have him turn out well, but not sure I'd classify him that way myself.

Oh I absolutely agree but I mean Henning isn't known for his restraint in casting certain prospects as higher than they should be. 

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

Oh I absolutely agree but I mean Henning isn't known for his restraint in casting certain prospects as higher than they should be. 

If Dingler is 'pivotal' it can only be because Lynn was standing on one foot while he typed.

• Haha 3

I'm not sure my takeaway after he spent a week destroying Florida State League pitching is that he sucks and will never be good.... I'd wait and see if any of it translates, or maybe it's a case of him dealing with injuries in the past and being healthier now or something to that effect. And we've seen cases of guys close being written off as busts come back and perform at higher levels as well (ie. Parker Meadows being the poster child)

Having said that, he isn't "pivotal" until he actually shows some progress. Trust but verify.

Watched highlights on YT of Hurter's last start and he got a lot of swing and misses on the FB so it must play up a bit but was only sitting in the upper 80s and topping out at like 91. It's possible the gun was slow cause like I said he did induce alot of whiffs with it but if it isn't it's hard to see him having too bright of future with that velo even if he is a tall lefty. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Watched highlights on YT of Hurter's last start and he got a lot of swing and misses on the FB so it must play up a bit but was only sitting in the upper 80s and topping out at like 91. It's possible the gun was slow cause like I said he did induce alot of whiffs with it but if it isn't it's hard to see him having too bright of future with that velo even if he is a tall lefty. 

Gania commented early in the game that it wasn't clear that the gun was even working...

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

He broke the gun???? That’s the stuff of legends.

Maybe they had fixed it sometime during the game, but they were having issues with the radar gun in Bowie earlier anyway.

Hurter sits in the low 90s, high 80s. Thing with him is that he may be more reliever material... a lot of guys in the system with that profile at the moment lol