Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Don't think Keith is going to get another at bat so it looks like he is going to finish 6-6. I've seen a few 6-6 in my life but never have seen a 7-7 so it would've been cool to see him try to go for that. Still though an obvious unbelievable game and surely the best by a Tiger and possibly any minor leaguer this year. 

12 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Don't think Keith is going to get another at bat so it looks like he is going to finish 6-6. I've seen a few 6-6 in my life but never have seen a 7-7 so it would've been cool to see him try to go for that. Still though an obvious unbelievable game and surely the best by a Tiger and possibly any minor leaguer this year. 

The only one I ever remember is Cesar Gutierrez had a 7 for 7 in 12 innings in 1970, which was just about a whole season's offense for him!

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The only one I ever remember is Cesar Gutierrez had a 7 for 7 in 12 innings in 1970, which was just about a whole season's offense for him!

Yep that's before my time.lol One of the 6-6 I remember was Damian Easley in the late 90s or early 00s, I know I have come across more but that's the one that really sticks out to me. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I just remember seeing the box score and thinking it had to be an error.  

46 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I remember listening to this game on the radio while we were on our way to my grandparents’, which must have been a Sunday. I was just getting into baseball, and I had zero idea that day just how unusual getting seven hits in a game was.

50 minutes ago, casimir said:

That was my impression of it as well.

Yep same with me. Reminds me of the famous Guillen/weaver game where Weaver originally got all bent out of shape cause he thought Maggs was showboating a HR when he was just making sure it was fair as well. 

A fun day down on the farm

Toledo W 9-2
Malloy 1/4 RBI BB
Meadows 2/5 3RBI HR 2B
Nevin 1/5 2K
Lipcius 2/5 RBI K HR

Erie W 18-8
Cruz 3/6 RBI 2B
Keith 6/6 7RBI 2HR 2B 3B (Brought his avg up to .300)
Perez 2/5 2B
Dingler 1/4 HR 2BB 2K
Madden 4IP 2ER 2BB 3K 

WM W 11-10
Campos 2/4 2RBI 2B HR BB
Pacheco 2/5 HR RBI
Serretti 1/5 2K 2B
Crouch 1/3 2BB

Lakeland L 6-5
Graham 0/3 BB K
Gold 1/4 2B