Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

Sorry been a bit MIA with these, haven't been on much. Not a great night on the farm.

Toledo L 5-3
Malloy 0/4 BB 2K
Meadows 0/5 K
Nevin 2/5 2B
Lipcius 1/5 K

Erie L 7-3
Cruz 1/4 BB
Keith 1/3 2BB K
Perez 1/5 RBI
Dingler 2/4 2K
Gipson-Long 5IP 2H ER BB 7K

WM L 17-9 (WM with 3 field goals)
Campos 0/4 BB
Pacheco 1/5 K
Allen 2/5 HR 2RBI 2K
Serretti 1/3 2B RBI BB K
Crouch 2/2 HR 3RBI

Lakeland L 3-2
Graham 2/4 K (Slight uptick in May so far .246/.355/.385) 
De La Cruz 1/3 RBI BB K
Santana 0/4 4K 

Kiley McDaniel has his new top 50 out on ESPN. No Tiger made the list but Keith did make the 15-20 names on his "late cut" list.

Also Madden and Campos were two of the 20 or so prospects he said went up 2 or more grades since the offseason so that's some positive news. 

Btw Mayer was 3rd overall and Lawlar 12th. Thanks Al!

I was a little perplexed on draft night when they passed on Mayer but I wasn't too worried about him cause I was optimistic that we were going to sign one of the premier FA SSs that offseason and we'd be set there for the next 5-7 years. Of course we know how that has turned out thus far. 

As far as Jobe goes I liked everything about him except for the fact that he was a HS pitcher. Lol

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Trei Cruz just hit his 7th bomb of the year and now has a .908 OPS in Erie. Is he somebody to keep an eye on or is it too late? He'll be 25 in July. 

It’s interesting because he’s playing OF now, too.  Maybe he’s a late bloomer?  Add in positional flexibility.  Sounds like a possible spring training darling next March.

3 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

There's an article on the official site talking about Keith only being 21 and facing older competition at AA. He wants to improve his fielding and watched video of Scott Rolen.

I watched videos of John Holmes—didn’t really help.

• Like 1