Tiger Cubs (notes on the minors)

gehringer_2

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

Maybe we all buried Dingler too quickly?

Yeah I said something about him like a week or so ago and it seems like he's been tearing it up since. In my defense when I said that I had no idea that he got hurt and was in West Michigan on a rehab assignment, I just saw he was playing there so I assumed it was a demotion. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yeah I said something about him like a week or so ago and it seems like he's been tearing it up since. In my defense when I said that I had no idea that he got hurt and was in West Michigan on a rehab assignment, I just saw he was playing there so I assumed it was a demotion. 

I just texted him your phone number.

Remember on the old forum somebody attended a Spring Training game and sent in a game report, and said among other things that Nitkowski had struggled.  And then Nitkowski, that rabbit-eared fruitcake, responded with an angry post!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Between WM, Lakeland and Toledo I really couldn't find many performances of note. Jung was a double for 4 and Malloy bounced back a bit from his Golden Sombrero yesterday by going 1 for 3 with 2BBs not much to note other than that. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

So, at the end of the 1st week of May I'm excited about.....AAA- Malloy & Meadows AA- Keith, Cruz, Madden & Hurter+ SSSS Dingler( time to get excited??) If DD gets to MLB does he split time with Rogers+DH?? A+ - Campos Who is everyone getting excited for?

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

I did but he still has along way to go. Hope he sustains.

I think what is hard, particularly with catchers, is that you don't 100% know whether nagging injuries were a factor in performance.

Just wonder if that was the case here.

• Like 1

Toledo L 9-5
Meadows 1/4 BB SB
Lipcius 2/3 BB 2B HBP
Malloy 0/3 BB 3K HBP
Nevin 2/4 2RBI BB K

Erie L 7-6
Keith 1/4 3K
Cruz 1/4 K RBI
Workman 1/3 3RBI 2K HR
Dingler 1/3 BB 2K
Hurter 4.2IP 6ER BB 4K

WM W 7-2
Campos 1/6 HR RBI
Jung 1/4 RBI BB 3K
Serretti 2/5 2RBI HR
Pacheco 0/3 2K RBI
Crouch 2/4 BB 2K

Lakeland L 8-7
Graham 1/4 BB RBI K SB
Johnson 1/4 2RBI BB K
Sequera 1/4 HR RBI BB

29 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

Serretti needs to move up to Erie.

Campos has a pretty swing...

I was also thinking this but who do you send down or up? My thought would be you have to push someone from Erie to Toledo to make room which I would say you move Perez to Toledo to make room for Serretti so you have an infield of Serretti, Workman, and Keith.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I was also thinking this but who do you send down or up? My thought would be you have to push someone from Erie to Toledo to make room which I would say you move Perez to Toledo to make room for Serretti so you have an infield of Serretti, Workman, and Keith.  

One imagines that any movement on JHM would probably precipitate some moves further down in the system, wrt Colt Keith of Wenceel Perez.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:03 PM, mtutiger said:

One imagines that any movement on JHM would probably precipitate some moves further down in the system, wrt Colt Keith of Wenceel Perez.

Schoop is blocking progress on the farm....DFA him and be done with it

Pretty solid night on the farm with 3/4 winning. 

Toledo L 6-1
Meadows 1/3 K
Lipcius 0/3 BB 2K
Malloy 1/4 RBI 2K
Olson 3.2IP 7H 4BB 4K 4ER

Erie W 10-1
Keith 0/4 RBI 2K
Perez 1/4 BB K SB
Dingler 1/4 HR 2RBI BB K
Montero 5IP 6H 0ER BB 8K
Bergner 2IP 1H 4K

WM W 14-5
Serretti 0/5
Jung 1/3 2RBI 2BB 3B
Pacheco 3/4 2RBI BB 2 2B
Campos 3/5 K 3RBI

Lakeland W /10 7-6
Graham 3/4 RBI BB 2B SB
Sequera 1/3 2K

• Like 1

Erie wins 1-0 so not much to report on the offensive side, the lone run was driven in by Dingler who went 1-4. The good news from the game though is that judging by the stat line Madden looked alot better throwing 5 shutout innings allowing just 2 hits with 6Ks and no BBs. 

Edited by RandyMarsh
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Erie wins 1-0 so not much to report on the offensive side, the lone run was driven in by Dingler who went 1-4. The good news from the game though is that judging by the stat line Madden looked alot better throwing 5 shutout innings allowing just 2 hits with 6Ks and no BBs. 

Doing his best E-Rod impression 

• Thanks 1

Toledo L 3-2
Meadows 1/4 2RBI 3K
Lipcius 0/5 2K
Malloy 2/3 BB K 2B
Nevin 1/3 BB

Erie  W 1-0
Perez 1/3 BB SB
Keith 0/4 3K
Dingler 1/4 RBI K
Workman 0/3 K