Things that bring a smile to your face

oblong

An old HS classmate lives in Monroe county on the water and was going on about what a gift God gave her with some beautiful lights from the north after a rough day. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that pink glow we see due west of us in the Detroit area is lamps  from a weed greenhouse in Canada.  It’s been there a few years now. On a clear night take a look. It’s a pink cloud.   Most visible just after dusk. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/11/26/far-reaching-greenhouse-lights-color-sky-leave-some-seeing-red/4248414002/

30 minutes ago, oblong said:

An old HS classmate lives in Monroe county on the water and was going on about what a gift God gave her with some beautiful lights from the north after a rough day. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that pink glow we see due west of us in the Detroit area is lamps  from a weed greenhouse in Canada.  It’s been there a few years now. On a clear night take a look. It’s a pink cloud.   Most visible just after dusk. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/11/26/far-reaching-greenhouse-lights-color-sky-leave-some-seeing-red/4248414002/

That’s funny!  I drive within a few miles of their “tomato” greenhouse in Ohio well before sunrise.  Same effect down here.  Thanks for posting.

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, casimir said:

That’s funny!  I drive within a few miles of their “tomato” greenhouse in Ohio well before sunrise.  Same effect down here.  Thanks for posting.

I was going to specify what it was but a bunch of people are waxing poetic about Gods beauty and him knowing what she needed to see. No need to trample on that. 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, oblong said:

I was going to specify what it was but a bunch of people are waxing poetic about Gods beauty and him knowing what she needed to see. No need to trample on that. 

Not the greatest picture, but I was at a stop sign and had someone approaching me.  But this is from probably 4 miles away.  I think it’s more vibrant with the cloud cover than a clear sky.

So, this phenomenon has only been very recent even through the greenhouse has been around for several years.  Per the website, they grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers.  I know there was chuckling about it setting up operations for marijuana, too, and that very well could be the case.

I don’t know, maybe they’re growing some purple haze?

AC7D8860-014A-4107-A277-FCADC3276352.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Growing up my dad, who was retired, after going to bed, would get up at midnight and walk out in the front room in his underwear and T Shirt  and flashlight and watch the Three Stooges on channel 50. 

every night my youngest son, special needs boy that he is, watches the three stooges that he records on the DVR as he falls asleep and laughs hysterically.  

I like to think there’s a connection going on somewhere between him and someone who died almost 14 years ago.  

• Like 5

On 1/24/2024 at 5:47 PM, smr-nj said:

I will never NOT totally lose it whenever I watch/listen to this. 😂.  The best.

I love Shreds.  Does great work

This is the video that makes me howl with laughter every time.  I laugh as hard as the news guys do

That second fall is brilliant.    Add the squeaky breath laugh and I'm done. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...