Things that bring a smile to your face

oblong

20 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

It was August 13th for me. Came home from church and there was 6 of em on my porch. Zucchini bread this weekend!

I got a few that need converted.

I grilled one.  Sliced it up, a little olive oil, cumin, minced garlic, seasoned salt,....  A little too much salt, but otherwise not bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, casimir said:

I got a few that need converted.

I grilled one.  Sliced it up, a little olive oil, cumin, minced garlic, seasoned salt,....  A little too much salt, but otherwise not bad.

They’re also very good tin a frittata. If you slice them super thin, and pan fry them in EVOO, (I like them to look almost burnt 😁), then use them w/grated cheese in your egg base.  Makes a great sandwich in a good Italian bread.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

We have 6 large ones...

pretty much our only thing that grew/survived this year.   There's been deer in our neighborhoods and they ate our tomato and pepper plants.

The large ones are good - stuffed and baked. 

Yeah, deer will enjoy the fruits of your labor… as will rabbits , chipmunks, and birds.  
My small table tomatoes were ravaged by chipmunks jumping right into the chair and then table, knocking over the plants and taking bites out of multiple tomatoes.

I had very good success this summer with basil.  Used a lot, gave away a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pfife said:

I LOL'd a lot at the fireworks in Bams parents bedroom in the middle of the night.

April and Phil are household names for those of us who have that sort of sense of humor.

I thought it was really funny that he was okay putting an alligator in his parent's house but nearly pee'd himself when locked up with snakes.

• Like 1

It kind of surprised us, his dad as well. He does read a lot of historical fiction and has loved maps for years.

We keep urging his parents to send him here for a week or so. There are several camps in the area that focus on that. Not to mention archeology camps for his age group.

Where were these things when I was his age?

• Like 1