Things that bring a smile to your face

oblong

30 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I never have remember to turn off the start/stop feature on my vehicle again. Worth every penny. 

https://www.smartstopstart.com/

I didn't know they were selling cars that did not allow you to disable it. Ick. Then again, we rented a kia recently with start/stop and it tuned out all you had to do was have the AC turned on and it was disabled. Go figure.

Edited by gehringer_2

The first time I got it I didn’t know what it was. Because of my job I can tell my salesman to just shoot me a vin and I can do all the work myself in regards to features and such. I’m driving it home and I thought the car died on me after 7 miles on the odometer. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I didn't know they were selling cars that did not allow you to disable it. Ick. Then again, we rented a kia recently with start/stop and it tuned out all you had to do was have the AC turned on and it was disabled. Go figure.

There is a button to disable it but sometimes I forget to hit it and it annoys me. 

Not any more!!

On 11/5/2022 at 2:44 PM, Biff Mayhem said:

There is a button to disable it but sometimes I forget to hit it and it annoys me. 

Not any more!!

Too bad there isn't a version yet for Honda, or I would get this for my wife for Christmas. It annoys her to no end that she has to push that button every time she gets in the car.

11 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

A few years ago, when the ReachNow car-share service was around, I'd occasionally rent a BMW for a one-way drive, and I found that popping it into neutral when stopped would start the engine back up.

My 2009 and 2013 both that had a feature allowed me to permanently disable ESS by pushing a button, although the weird part is when the button light was off the ESS was active, and when the button light was on it was disabled. 

So, earlier today I signed all of the papers to close on a condo.

I've been keeping it mostly quiet because finding a home in my price range in this city (especially downtown) is akin to finding a unicorn anyplace but in a fantasy novel, and the process dragged on and on. 

It's the first home I've ever owned, and for the first time in my adult life I'll have a proper bedroom. 

Better late than never! 🙂

• Like 8

On 11/18/2022 at 2:50 PM, LaceyLou said:

So, earlier today I signed all of the papers to close on a condo.

I've been keeping it mostly quiet because finding a home in my price range in this city (especially downtown) is akin to finding a unicorn anyplace but in a fantasy novel, and the process dragged on and on. 

It's the first home I've ever owned, and for the first time in my adult life I'll have a proper bedroom. 

Better late than never! 🙂

Welcome to adulthood. I hope you like Ibuprofen.

• Like 1

A few days ago, I was working on an Excel spreadsheet and I noticed two cells had orange vertical marks in the cells.  They looked like something was being flagged.  I tried emptying the contents of  the cells, but the marks didn't go away.  Later, I was trying to print some medical test results, and noticed that the same marks were in the priint preview screen, but when I printed the test, the orange marks didn't print.

I started experimenting and noticed the marks appeared on some programs, but not all.  I Googled the problem, and didn't get any satisfactory suggestions.  I rebooted, but that didn't help.

I wondered when the marks first showed up, so I went upstairs and asked my wife if she had noticed them.  She looked at the screen, thought for a minute, licked her finger, and rubbed out the marks.

Color me embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 11/27/2022 at 10:07 AM, casimir said:

We got ding dong ditched last night.  It was 9pm on a Saturday night and our indoor lights were on.  Couldn't make out who it was on the ring camera.  Good harmless fun.  Gave me a chuckle.

The happens to us on occasion, maybe three or four times a year or so. Our doorbell is right next to the front gate, right by the sidewalk. Probably more than ten thousand people walk by it every year, and it’s so easy to just reach out and ring it and keep walking. I’m a little surprised it doesn’t happen a lot more often.

Little Johnny got a job at the pickle factory and he loved that job. One day he told his mom that he was struggling because he wanted to put his penis in the pickle slicer. His mom sternly warned him to not do that.

Little Johnny thought about it for days and finally decided to put his penis in the pickle slicer. He was fired and so was she.