Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

7 hours ago, oblong said:

have leaders and those politicians ever said that you can NEVER remove your mask?

Taking your mask for a few seconds for a photo isn't a big deal. 

Manufactured outrage.

If he would have simply said he removed his mask for a quick picture, that's one thing.  But c'mon, "I held my breath".  I guarantee you that if there was a live camera on his communications director when they heard about that response it could have been posted on /r/watchpeopledieinside.

6 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Can we get this disinformation post removed from this site?  This is dangerous and could lead to people choosing not to get vaccinated.  If the moderators refuse than Archie is leaving this platform and will require MWG to remove all posts as well.

21 minutes ago, buddha said:

chicago icus are at 80% capacity and 14% of those beds are taken up by covid patients.

What is the normal % of ICU capacity? Hospitals don't have hundreds of beds/rooms sitting empty. They have to make money and having nurses and doctors just sitting around and beds and rooms sitting empty isn't SOP. We're heading in the right direction. We just need a bit more patience. This lull will start showing up in the hospital stats really soon. But the unvaxxed? They better stay home and hide in the basement.....🤢🤢

23 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont know.  it would be helpful to know to determine whether this is outside the norm.

This chart for my county in NJ ( from the covidactnow.org website), gives an idea of when/what capacity is worrisome for our hospitals.

It is a good resource, that website.

(you can look at any county in any state on here)

1A033A9C-79DE-4C88-87BC-FA0907341B9D.png

17 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

This chart for my county in NJ ( from the covidactnow.org website), gives an idea of when/what capacity is worrisome for our hospitals.

It is a good resource, that website.

(you can look at any county in any state on here)

1A033A9C-79DE-4C88-87BC-FA0907341B9D.png

you're getting rid of your mask mandates at the end of the month, arent you?

24 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Personally? 😁 … not me. 
But , yeah, as of March 7th, it’ll not be a state mandate at at schools, but left to the individual districts.

This is the distinction between what Murphy is doing and what Youngkin is trying to do in VA.

Local versus state control.

• Like 1

JAMA Network: People With a College Degree Have Survival Rate From Covid-19

From the study . . .

If all groups had experienced the same mortality rates as college-educated non-Hispanic White individuals, there would have been 48% fewer COVID-19 deaths among adults aged 25 years or older overall, including 71% fewer deaths among racial and ethnic minority populations and 89% fewer deaths among racial and ethnic minority populations aged 25 to 64 years.

When you think about those truckers blocking the bridge today into Windsor or those non-college educated whites and people of color who are dying from Covid, is it any surprise they have a higher mortality rate than college educated persons? It is incredibly sad to me to see people like this be taken advantage of and preyed upon with so much misinformation.

• Like 1

It is very convenient for the white nationalists who have taken over this "protest" to have the media continue to refer to them as "truckers".  90% of real truckers are vaccinated, we are only seeing the assholes who won't do it, and the co-opting of the whole process by white nationalists.  Something else that is interesting...in Ontario 25% of truckers are "south Asian", predominantly Sikhs from the Punjab.  How many beards and turbans do you see in that crowd?  Zero.  They were deliberately excluded by the organizers.

On 2/7/2022 at 4:59 PM, ewsieg said:

Can we get this disinformation post removed from this site?  

LOL - Washtenaw county is sitting at about 40 cases/100K this week. A year ago this number would have had everyone talking about more lockdowns 🤯, today it's like "doesn't this mean it's over?" 😌

Lets's just hope it keeps falling.

26 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - Washtenaw county is sitting at about 40 cases/100K this week. A year ago this number would have had everyone talking about more lockdowns 🤯, today it's like "doesn't this mean it's over?" 😌

Lets's just hope it keeps falling.

Your hospitalization situation doesn’t look very good, however.

23EC4160-D222-4EBA-B5A9-17DA53F7BC32.png