Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

12 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

This doesn't sound like very good news;

maybe not, the preliminary report was that it might be as mild as Omicron 1. I am disheartened at this American drive to declare victory before anything is actually won though. Sure case rates are plummeting, but from an unbelievable high level to a level that we still would have thought bad a year ago, plus you have to question how much case rates even mean with so many people testing at home with mild cases that are certainly not getting reported. I mean people could give it a damn week to see which way the next breeze blows. I don't want to hear about how 'tired' people are. This is not fatiguing - forced labor is fatiguing. This is just annoying. It's gotten to be like a neighbor's dog that barks too much, you don't have to end up in psychic puddle over it.

Edited by gehringer_2

I've been busy lately and haven't paid attention to news, but catching up and Saager Enjati is reporting that Abrams specifically stated that everyone needed to be masked before she would enter.  Add to the fact that now she's throwing out the race card, "It was shameful how republicans have used black history month reading event to fuel a pitiful and predictable critique."

This isn't going to help her win governorship.  Like Trump, she still has an outside chance that the courts rule the previous election was stolen from her and she gets to ascend to the throne.

Source

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I've been busy lately and haven't paid attention to news, but catching up and Saager Enjati is reporting that Abrams specifically stated that everyone needed to be masked before she would enter.  Add to the fact that now she's throwing out the race card, "It was shameful how republicans have used black history month reading event to fuel a pitiful and predictable critique."

This isn't going to help her win governorship.  Like Trump, she still has an outside chance that the courts rule the previous election was stolen from her and she gets to ascend to the throne.

Source

cool story

10 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Source

Saager Enjeti is a reporter? Does that make MSNBC prime time legit reporters too?

I dont care, what Stacy Abrams did was dumb and it probably will, at least in the short term, hurt her image, but I'm not sure why I would trust reporting from someone who hosts an opinion show.

Edited by mtutiger

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Saager Enjeti is a reporter? Does that make MSNBC prime time legit reporters too?

I dont care, what Stacy Abrams did was dumb and it probably will, at least in the short term, hurt her image, but I'm not sure why I would trust reporting from someone who hosts an opinion show.

I meant to point out I simply heard it from his show for full transparency, he was pulling from a source which I'm assuming he mentioned but I didn't grab.   If Maddow references a Reuters story, i'm going to trust data she pulls out of it, but yeah, I may question her spin on it.  You can confirm the quote portion directly from Abrams instragram.  

Overall, it probably isn't that big of an issue, but it will definitely be used against her.

17 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I'm not arguing, I just wonder what's wrong with the source? Did you read the thread? I never heard of the guy but he sounds legit.

He's a scaremonger.  If you listened to him 18 months ago we were all going to be dead by now.

Basically every few weeks he tells us the sky is falling and things are going to hell.   Yes, sometimes he's right but broken clock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

He's a scaremonger.  If you listened to him 18 months ago we were all going to be dead by now.

Basically every few weeks he tells us the sky is falling and things are going to hell.   Yes, sometimes he's right but broken clock.

Ohhh...ok. I thought he worked for the CDC. I guess I read that whole thread for nothing. Gotta wash my eyes out. 😁