Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

As good as this advice is, this unfortunately that would require a level of behavioral zeitgeist that would never, that could never, happen. Individuals doing individual things on an individual basis never unwittingly band together suddenly to change their behavior from one direction to another en masse. There has to be some impetus from the outside, one that is compelling and practically unavoidable. So what could that be in a case such as this?

Gotta start somewhere...

55 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Gotta start somewhere...

If it's gotta start, then it's gotta start with a coordinated effort. Someone has to either coordinate it, or someone with tremendous influence has to bring everyone along by example.

I nominate you. 😁

I think the danger in dunking is in the fact that a QT is a QT regardless of what the content of the QT is.   Screenshots definitely help with this.    

Replies also feed the algorithm.   Ted Cruzs whole Twitter existence is this.

Dan Pfeiffer, former Obama comms director has a chapter at the end of his most recent book about it.   He argues as Edman does, with screenshots being better that actual rt or reply but best to ignore altogether.    I have changed my Twitter behavior a lot after reading that from Pfeiffer.

That said I'm not a dunk champ like Greta... but I will admit I had never heard of Tate before she murdered him and now I do... and I'm pretty sure his follower count spiked from the interaction.    He's a really bad dude.

Edited by pfife
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Well it took three years but it finally got me. 

6E202C82-D1D7-4943-81D9-CCA104B25E0C.jpeg

😷🤬😢

I thought I had it a few weeks ago. Kept testing negative… went to doctor- ended up being a nasty sinus & upper respiratory infection. Antibiotics and steroids and it’s finally subsided.

I’m hoping you feel better soon. Also hoping your wife and girls avoid it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

😷🤬😢

I thought I had it a few weeks ago. Kept testing negative… went to doctor- ended up being a nasty sinus & upper respiratory infection. Antibiotics and steroids and it’s finally subsided.

I’m hoping you feel better soon. Also hoping your wife and girls avoid it. 

The children had it a few months ago and my wife and I never got it. 

We have a filtration system that kills viruses so they’re just steering clear of me for a few days. 

Mine feels like a sinus infection. Symptoms began Friday. Tested negative Saturday and positive today. 

• Like 1

The cost of misinformation...

I was talking to a friend the other day who was just getting over COVID. He is somebody who definitely took it very seriously early on, but leans way right, is definitely MAGA. Was telling me it finally got him and it got him hard, potentially long COVID but it's too soon to tell if it is that.

Anyways, I broached the topic of how many shots he's had because "I've heard more shots helps the symptoms." He replied "Just one J+J shot. I've heard mixed reviews on boosters." I kept it cordial, just left the topic except to mention yeah, I got it after four shots but was okay after a few days.

Just an example of the waters muddying, somebody who was finally turning the corner from a fitness standpoint, hitting the gym hard, and hasn't been able to for three weeks potentially because Tucker Carlson or Joe Rogan planted that seed of doubt about boosters.

16 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

The cost of misinformation...

I was talking to a friend the other day who was just getting over COVID. He is somebody who definitely took it very seriously early on, but leans way right, is definitely MAGA. Was telling me it finally got him and it got him hard, potentially long COVID but it's too soon to tell if it is that.

Anyways, I broached the topic of how many shots he's had because "I've heard more shots helps the symptoms." He replied "Just one J+J shot. I've heard mixed reviews on boosters." I kept it cordial, just left the topic except to mention yeah, I got it after four shots but was okay after a few days.

Just an example of the waters muddying, somebody who was finally turning the corner from a fitness standpoint, hitting the gym hard, and hasn't been able to for three weeks potentially because Tucker Carlson or Joe Rogan planted that seed of doubt about boosters.

Well you’re going to love this then:

i got the first set of shots (Pfizer), skipped all the boosters and didn’t get the VID for almost three years. 

As soon as I tested positive I started taking ivermectin, azithromycin and hydroxycloroquine. Within ten hours I was feeling 90% better. Just a lingering headache and a bit of congestion. 

I tested negative about 36 hours later. 

Glad you are doing better, Biff. I wasn't referring to you at all above, just passing along a social interaction I had. I genuinely feel bad for the guy because he is struggling to work, struggling to parent, struggling with everything right now, and when he passed along some sewn vaccine doubt, I couldn't help but wonder if there was a chance the source of that doubt wasn't to blame.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Well you’re going to love this then:

i got the first set of shots (Pfizer), skipped all the boosters and didn’t get the VID for almost three years. 

As soon as I tested positive I started taking ivermectin, azithromycin and hydroxycloroquine. Within ten hours I was feeling 90% better. Just a lingering headache and a bit of congestion. 

I tested negative about 36 hours later. 

HORSEPASTE!!!!!!  I knew there was something to Ivermectin when I read this Tweet back in August of 2021.  Funny, there is a human form too.  Imagine that.  Nobel Prize in 2015, over 4 billion doses given around the world, on the WHO's list of essential medicines, NIH gives COVID dosage on their website, better safety profile then Tylenol, and off patent so it is cheap, sold over the counter in many countries, and now the state of Tennessee.

It is prescribed by doctors daily all over this country and has saved countless lives, but that doesn't fit the narrative of big Pharma and bought and paid for DC money whores. If a drug is shown to work they wouldn't need the EUAs for the vaccines, so we can't have that. They have ran trials on IVM, and were quick to publish the ones that were ran improperly just to disprove it, while ignoring all kinds of data that showed it could, at minimum, be a great help, especially as a prophylaxis.

I will add, the information/data on the vaccines and boosters are quite different when you look at data from the MSM and alternative media, and I'm not talking about the Rogan's and Tuckers of the world. They are not as good as we are being told. That is if you bother to read something other than state approved propaganda.

Of course I am in tin foil hat wearing stupid red neck hick Trumper from the sticks (not a Trumper, but I'll have to claim the sticks) territory. Y'all can laugh and mock all you want, I don't care.  I've been on IVM, along with vitamin D, zinc, and gargle with an iodine mixture after being around people since July of 2020, and I'm still here.  Sorry. 😞

And the virus is still killing hundreds of thousands of people - vaxxed and un-vaxxed.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pfife said:

There were at least a half-dozen therapeutics out there that belie the notion that it was all about money for the drug companies.

the most mainstream media of all is anti-vax.  If by mainstream you mean what most people are consuming.

I assume you are talking about Fox News, which is the most popular media outlet in the country.  

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

HORSEPASTE!!!!!!  I knew there was something to Ivermectin when I read this Tweet back in August of 2021.  Funny, there is a human form too.  Imagine that.  Nobel Prize in 2015, over 4 billion doses given around the world, on the WHO's list of essential medicines, NIH gives COVID dosage on their website, better safety profile then Tylenol, and off patent so it is cheap, sold over the counter in many countries, and now the state of Tennessee.

It is prescribed by doctors daily all over this country and has saved countless lives, but that doesn't fit the narrative of big Pharma and bought and paid for DC money whores. If a drug is shown to work they wouldn't need the EUAs for the vaccines, so we can't have that. They have ran trials on IVM, and were quick to publish the ones that were ran improperly just to disprove it, while ignoring all kinds of data that showed it could, at minimum, be a great help, especially as a prophylaxis.

I will add, the information/data on the vaccines and boosters are quite different when you look at data from the MSM and alternative media, and I'm not talking about the Rogan's and Tuckers of the world. They are not as good as we are being told. That is if you bother to read something other than state approved propaganda.

Of course I am in tin foil hat wearing stupid red neck hick Trumper from the sticks (not a Trumper, but I'll have to claim the sticks) territory. Y'all can laugh and mock all you want, I don't care.  I've been on IVM, along with vitamin D, zinc, and gargle with an iodine mixture after being around people since July of 2020, and I'm still here.  Sorry. 😞

And the virus is still killing hundreds of thousands of people - vaxxed and un-vaxxed.

Two things I never trust is making important decisions:

(1) media

(2) anecdotes.  

not necessarily in that order.  

6 minutes ago, Screwball said:

(1) Big Pharma and the 3 letter agencies

(2) media

(3) anecdotes.  

in that order.  

There, fixed it for you.

I definitely don't trust big pharma.  I don't always trust the agencies, but I do trust some of the people who work there (the ones that actually do the work).  I know a few of them through work.  

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

None of the previous two anecdotal examples proves anything.  In general, it's been proven that Edman's approach works better than Biff's approach, but people respond differently to Covid and the vaccines.  I am glad Biff was one of the lucky ones.  

Yep, N=1 doesn't supercede published (legitimate) science. Another case: another friend of mine on her third case of COVID, was more cautious than me during the shut down and has gotten all her shots as soon as advisable got roughed up pretty good by this variant.

I don’t know… when my wife’s ICU was filled with COVID patients who didn’t get the vaccine and has yet to be filled with people from side effects by getting the vaccine….  That tells me the vaccine itself is safer than COVID so why not take something that’s cost free and will probably help you if infected. It’s not a guarantee but nothing is.  I mean… I’m not going to not invest in stocks because I heard a guy got ripped off.  Life is a gamble but it’s up to us to learn the odds. Many of the odds are heavily weighed in your favor. Take them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...