Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

11 hours ago, pfife said:

seeing a few clownasses on twitter saying Mike Hart collapsed today b/c of.... wait for it....

Covid Vaccine

I made the mistake of reading the comments section of a Facebook article on this and it was full of dimwits saying this. I was like “people still believe this dumb shit?”

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, oblong said:

From the replies it says that this court is not the highest court in the state.  

yeah - NY is funny, they have their courts named backwards. If you watched Law & Order way back in it's early days  - maybe season 1 or 2, they would manage to work in mention about that once in a while. 🤷‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have 31 minutes to kill and I am just going off the YouTube cover. Is the point all about how Americans are being wrongfully prevented from entering public spaces because they are not vaccinated or masked up?

I haven’t been required to show proof of vax since I went to a play a year or so ago, and masks are becoming so passé in the age of mass vaccination and herd immunity (remember that phrase) that Illinois just recently dropped the requirement for healthcare facilitates.

https://abc7chicago.com/illinois-governor-jb-pritzker-mask-mandate-healthcare-covid-cdc-guidelines-today/12341273/

I’m guessing we won’t be required to wear masks again on a widespread basis until the next pandemic.

3 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Go ahead and discredit the source.

I watched the entire video - he is spot on.

There are plenty of tragedies about the pandemic.  At the top of the list is the hundreds and thousands of people who died unnecessarily when a cheap, safe, and widely available repurposed drug was available.  The second is, all the people involved in this will never be punished for what they did (or in this case, didn't do).

As far as amnesty.  Hardly.  I will never forget, nor will I forgive.

3 hours ago, smr-nj said:

They were “lying” about it?

Who said they were lying about it? Oh, no one of course...but responding in that manner is the way to inflame the subject with emotion so it can be dismissed outright with zero logical investment.

If you took the time to watch the video you would see that within the confines of the Corona response, there were many, many, many documented lies which Jimmy Dore (a hard core political left guy) lays out.

5 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Who said they were lying about it? Oh, no one of course...but responding in that manner is the way to inflame the subject with emotion so it can be dismissed outright with zero logical investment.

If you took the time to watch the video you would see that within the confines of the Corona response, there were many, many, many documented lies which Jimmy Dore (a hard core political left guy) lays out.

In the first few minutes, he probably says “they were lying”, oh, about 10 times.

It seems we have to assign malfeasance to a whole cast of people.   Like they wanted to intentionally hurt people.

I’m just waiting for the news scroll soon where they report that Dr. Fauci, that lying fraud (who only devoted his whole life to dealt with infectious disease), has been shot in the head by some disgruntled “victim” who will “never forgive or forget” and needed to see that scientist dead so thAt he can’t ever lie to good Americans again.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

In the first few minutes, he probably says “they were lying”, oh, about 10 times.

It seems we have to assign malfeasance to a whole cast of people.   Like they wanted to intentionally hurt people.

I’m just waiting for the news scroll soon where they report that Dr. Fauci, that lying fraud (who only devoted his whole life to dealt with infectious disease), has been shot in the head by some disgruntled “victim” who will “never forgive or forget” and needed to see that scientist dead so thAt he can’t ever lie to good Americans again.

Hold on here. What are you saying?

You seem to be quoting me, since I said exactly that.  Do you think I really want to see that?  Come on.

People wished other people dead for not getting the shots, like the lock downs, etc.  It was said right here on this board.

Pardon me if I'm not quite ready to be good with people who wished me dead, which was the thesis of the Atlantic article.

The real travesty is so many people who died unnecessarily.

This country has went insane.

31 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Hold on here. What are you saying?

You seem to be quoting me, since I said exactly that.  Do you think I really want to see that?  Come on.

People wished other people dead for not getting the shots, like the lock downs, etc.  It was said right here on this board.

Pardon me if I'm not quite ready to be good with people who wished me dead, which was the thesis of the Atlantic article.

The real travesty is so many people who died unnecessarily.

This country has went insane.

No, actually I wasn’t thinking that.  It was just a phrase stuck in my head. 

I , in no way , think that about you. 
I’ll apologize, because it was definitely not my intent.

But, I also don’t remember people here saying that they wished anyone who didn’t get the shots death. 
And, I do worry about Fauci getting killed. I actually do.

35 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

No, actually I wasn’t thinking that.  It was just a phrase stuck in my head. 

I , in no way , think that about you. 
I’ll apologize, because it was definitely not my intent.

But, I also don’t remember people here saying that they wished anyone who didn’t get the shots death. 
And, I do worry about Fauci getting killed. I actually do.

That's good to know, and thanks.

I'm retired and teach school for beer money. I've been highly invested in this pandemic for obvious reasons. Some things about it drive me nuts.

Not sure why I should care what some guy named Jimmy Dore thinks about any subject. It's nothing personal to him, but it's no different than how one feels about cable news and its pundits 

I could easily get the same kind of analysis sitting down at a local bar and talking to a stranger most likely. And it'd be more authentic because he wouldn't be monetizing it.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 8:08 AM, Biff Mayhem said:

Go ahead and discredit the source.

Jimmy Dore losses all credibility when he peddles the bullshit from a grifter like Dr. Robert Malone. Once again, as has been explained over and over, Dr. Robert Malone did not invent mRNA technology. He had a role to play in it, but did not invent it.

Robert Malone has become the Jimmy Swaggert of science and the medical community, out selling his anti-Covid vaccine grift. Why, who knows, but it isn't based on science.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Jimmy Dore losses all credibility when he peddles the bullshit from a grifter like Dr. Robert Malone. Once again, as has been explained over and over, Dr. Robert Malone did not invent mRNA technology. He had a role to play in it, but did not invent it.

again, so many people have no idea how interdisciplinary high level tech is. You can provide a critical piece of some development without having any idea at all about how other parts of it work. The analogy might be that you can be the world's formost authority on internal combustion engine piston design, doesn't require that you even know how to drive a car or even what a 'car' is. Malone is not an immunologist.

and of course, even if he was, people go off the deep end all the time regardless of theoretically 'knowing better.' It's a weird psychological phenomenon but we all know it happens all the time. Humans often reach a point in life there is some kind of need to reject things associated with their earlier experiences and when that happens, psychologically it really makes no difference whether the parts being rejected were things that do or don't represent objective realities.

And sure sometimes it's just for the grift.

Edited by gehringer_2

It’s not really stopped. The severity is degraded to the point that people are not being hospitalized to the levels they were before. So people have accepted the risk of being sick for a few days to resume a normal life. But reported case numbers in MI are still in the ~1500 a day range and have been for a long time.  And we still have people dying from it.  But for the most part we have reached the “it’s like the flu” that people were trying to say in March 2020. 

48 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I will be interested in the study of how COVID was stopped. Was it herd immunity? Whas is it a combo of herd and vax?

Who said it stopped?

CDC Covid Tracker

us-state-trends.thumb.png.4eb3eb1c8409003dfaaedc6e9ab028ab.png

The latest data point, November 2nd, there were 2,504 weekly deaths, which works out to about 358 per day, or 130, 000 per year.  To some, I guess that's good enough to call it over.

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I will be interested in the study of how COVID was stopped. Was it herd immunity? Whas is it a combo of herd and vax?

There are three things actually - immunity, vax, and the removal from the population of the most susceptible individuals. Crass way to put it but it's the cold scientific truth. And it's not really so much 'herd' immunity now as individual immunity. The first exposure is going to be most severe, once that has happened and you have survived, your individual immunity is boosted (same effect as being vaxxed of course) regardless of whether immunity in the community is high enough to stop transmission or not (i.e. herd immunity). We will probably learn that any of the various coronaviruses that already circulate in the population might also be far more dangerous to adults or older adults if we hadn't all had them many times as children when they weren't dangerous to us.

and of coure it hasn't really been 'stopped' in any sense of disappearing (as noted above!), it's simply dropped into 'endemic' status. If it had emerged 200 years ago, the net result would have been the same in form, high early fatalities and a drop off to endemic status. The difference would have been that the number of fatalities before 'endemic' was reached would have been orders of magnitude higher. The difference is general medical tech, the vaccines plus the emergence of some effective therapuetics like monoclonals and paxlovid. There is still a LOT of COVID out there. In places were we are still testing a lot, like at UM, there are still plenty of cases, but very few are getting very sick. I'm certain we are at the point today were only a small percentage of cases are even being reported anymore because they are trivial or people don't even bother testing themselves.

Edited by gehringer_2