Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I'm getting a second booster tomorrow. I don't care if my eligibility is only barely borderline. Tired of rapid testing because people around me have it.

Also after the december/January boom resulted from boosters being poopooed for too long, the resistance of the CDC and FDA to greenlight a second booster for all is inexcusable.

Gave blood last week and the antibody test was positive. Getting boosted at the end of May for a cruise in July.

54 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Gave blood last week and the antibody test was positive. Getting boosted at the end of May for a cruise in July.

So did mine but it wasn't clear whether it was from covid or the vaccine.  I got my first boost in mid Oct and gave blood in mid March.   I'll get another one as soon as they let me.

20 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Because it's literally used to deworm horses. That's why it's called horse dewormer. It's even sold at places like Tractor Supply to be used as a horse dewormer. People are actually buying that stuff and taking it because of things they heard on the internet. Tractor Supply even has to put a disclaimer on their website that it should not be used for human consumption to treat COVID because people are using it to treat COVID. Don't both sides this. 

Zimecterin (Ivermectin) 1.87% Horse Wormer Paste, 0.21 oz., 7096120 at Tractor Supply Co.

You're a good sheep MB. Good, good sheep. Stelter and Lemon tell you it's Horse Dewormer, ignoring that it's also a human drug and you fall right in line. Gee, I wonder why these news outlets want to dismiss the fact that it might be helpful in treating Covid? Anyone have a clue? Anyone? Buehler?

23 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

You're a good sheep MB. Good, good sheep. Stelter and Lemon tell you it's Horse Dewormer, ignoring that it's also a human drug and you fall right in line. Gee, I wonder why these news outlets want to dismiss the fact that it might be helpful in treating Covid? Anyone have a clue? Anyone? Buehler?

I understand it is a human drug. I've mentioned it has human uses. I mentioned it was used as an anti-parisitic and human dewormer to which you posted your stupid meme. The fact is, the WHO, NIH, FDA and CDC do not approve Ivermectin as a treatment for COVID. There have been numerous studies done that show it is ineffective for treating COVID. There is no might about it, but hey your not the sheep since you full follow tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. People were ingesting horse paste for treating COVID. So much so that Tractor Supply has to put a disclaimer on their website for humans not to use it as a COVID treatment: Zimecterin (Ivermectin) 1.87% Horse Wormer Paste, 0.21 oz., 7096120 at Tractor Supply Co. 

This whole Ivermectin seems to come from the FLCCC. Low and behold when you go to their website it is full of misinformation, doctors you can pay for a prescription, and a section for sheep like yourself to donate. 

By the way, Ivermectin is manufactured by Merck who, like Pfizer, spends millions on advertising. In fact, Merck even says Ivermectin is not effective for COVID Merck Statement on Ivermectin use During the COVID-19 Pandemic - Merck.com The manufacturer of the drug says not to use it for COVID. So to recap, all public health agencies say not to use it and the company who makes it says not to use it for COVID. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

The reason the Ivermectin thing took off among the right wing kooks is because they needed something to stand out and be noticed.  The whole dogma of that world is to be a victim and pretend you know the real truth and everybody else is lying. They are the modern day flat earthers.  The more you speak out against them the firmer their stand is.  It's a world of grifters and they have the gullible roped in.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

but hey your not the sheep since you full follow tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.

You're.

Show me where I have ever defended the use of the "horse dewormer" or have subscribed to conspiracy theories. Spoiler alert: you can't.

What I am merely pointing out is you are a bomb thrower and add very little value to any conversation I've read in this forum. Your (not you're) latest "horse dewormer" bomb merely proves that if CNN says it, you're falling in line. My point is, from that video, the networks and large news providers have a monetary interest in protecting pfizer and any kind of cure/symptom alleviation that doesn't involve big pharm is verboten and they use language like "horse dewormer" to paint it in a bad light. Congrats. Or should I say "bahh!".

55 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

You're.

Show me where I have ever defended the use of the "horse dewormer" or have subscribed to conspiracy theories. Spoiler alert: you can't.

What I am merely pointing out is you are a bomb thrower and add very little value to any conversation I've read in this forum. Your (not you're) latest "horse dewormer" bomb merely proves that if CNN says it, you're falling in line. My point is, from that video, the networks and large news providers have a monetary interest in protecting pfizer and any kind of cure/symptom alleviation that doesn't involve big pharm is verboten and they use language like "horse dewormer" to paint it in a bad light. Congrats. Or should I say "bahh!".

This is when you know someone has run out of anything useful to say when they start attacking typos. 

Show me where I said Ivermectin has no human uses. Spoiler Alert: you can't. Ivermectin for COVID is something that is being pushed by conspiracy theorist. It is something being pushed by right wing media such as Joe Rogan. This push for Ivermectin has led people to go to feed supply stores and buy horse paste and use it. Stores ran of it and had to warn customers on using it for COVID. Ivermectin is also used as a horse dewormer. That is fact. It is literally sold as a horse dewormer as well and people used it to try to treat COVID. All public health agencies say Ivermectin, even that prescribed for human use, is not effective for treating COVID. The manufacturer of Ivermectin is Merck. They are big pharm just like Pfizer. They spend over $100 million in advertising. Even Merck says not to use it for COVID. Merck says the main use for Ivermectin in humans is to treat the parasite intestinal strongyloidiasis which is a roundworm. It is a literal dewormer. 

The only value you have provided to this conversation is silly memes, personal attacks (hey you're not the bomb thrower right?) and completely irrelevant video of Pfizer's add spending. I don't give a shit if you think I add very little value to the forum. This forum has an ignore feature. Use it. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

24 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

They theory is that Merck trashed their own drug Ivermectin so that they could sell their new more expensive drug.  

In this case, I haven't seen any evidence of Merck doing this, but absolutely that is one of the legitimate Bernie Bro's complaints that has some value.  They will have a revenue driving drug and put money into a replacement.  Sometimes that replacement is far superior and they launch that and advise against the use of their old one, but sometimes, the replacement gives barely any advantages, yet they spin the same message in order to get the next big winfall.    

Insulin is a good example, where studies have shown older forms of insulin is just as effective in certain types of diabetes patients, yet the doctor prescribes the 'latest and greatest' or sometimes the insurance company themselves don't even allow the older versions.

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

In this case, I haven't seen any evidence of Merck doing this, but absolutely that is one of the legitimate Bernie Bro's complaints that has some value.  They will have a revenue driving drug and put money into a replacement.  Sometimes that replacement is far superior and they launch that and advise against the use of their old one, but sometimes, the replacement gives barely any advantages, yet they spin the same message in order to get the next big winfall.    

Insulin is a good example, where studies have shown older forms of insulin is just as effective in certain types of diabetes patients, yet the doctor prescribes the 'latest and greatest' or sometimes the insurance company themselves don't even allow the older versions.

This is true of many drugs, but in this case there isn't any evidence that Molnupiravir is a replacement for Ivermectin.   

I feel like what Esweig described is basically...... capitalism?  innovation? profit motive?

I guess I don't get how we're going to consciously inject capitalism into pharmaceutical enterprise and then complain when we get the benefits (and disadvantages) of capitalism from it?

Every company replaces old products with new products.  If you don't you perish.

Edited by pfife

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

I feel like what Esweig described is basically...... capitalism?  innovation? profit motive?

I guess I don't get how we're going to consciously inject capitalism into pharmaceutical enterprise and then complain when we get the benefits (and disadvantages) of capitalism from it?

Every company replaces old products with new products.  If you don't you perish.

Absolutely true, you're describing a legitimate strength with our system.  It's just ironic some of the more 'right side of this board' are pointing out the complaints about big pharma and one of the most left wing folks on this board is defending them.  What a crazy few years this has been.  

17 minutes ago, pfife said:

I wouldn't say I'm defending them, I'd say I'm saying "whatdja expect?"

At any rate it seems there's generic ivermectine anyways so most of this seems moot and or academic

It's not like we're talking insulin or some of the experimental cancer and other drugs. 

That said I assume there are sources of financial aid for some of these drugs, but for those who earn enough $$ to not qualify for help the prices can be devistating.

yeah I agree!   

The other thing that can happen is that the demand quickly outpace the manufacturing capacity when something goes from limited use for specific conditions to millions of people hording it.   I recall reading stories about how that happened with hydroxychlorocine or whatever it's called.   Apparently that did cause some severe shortages for I believe Lupus patients.   

I'm in the "highly skeptical it works for covid" camp but also in the "take whatever drugs you want" camp so in some ways I'm like "do whatever you want champ on this one" but it is bad when folks like Lupus patients can't get what they need.

Edited by pfife
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

This is true of many drugs, but in this case there isn't any evidence that Molnupiravir is a replacement for Ivermectin.   

Molnupiravir is generally only a 2nd choice when Paxlovid can't be used. The gov bought a lot of inventory which probably helped Merck recoup some cost but either way it's not going to have a big market for Covid, no matter what people think about Ivermectin. 

Edited by gehringer_2

They told me I can't get a booster because I didn't have a doctor's note confirming my condition (pre-diabetes, not diabetic yet).

Unfortunately, this is the closest grocery store to me, so my upcoming boycott will be a bit of a nuisance.

The CDC needs to get off their ass and greenlight booster #2 universally. They waited until after people started traveling for Thanksgiving last time. Now they are waiting until after cases are starting to explode all over.

I know... it's frustrating.  It gives the impression the 2nd booster for 50 and over was just lip service... like 'ok fine go ahead.... if it makes you feel better'.  If they think it does offer some more protection then what's the harm?    it can't be due to them waiting on a better vaccine in a month or so can it?  

5 hours ago, pfife said:

I wouldn't say I'm defending them, I'd say I'm saying "whatdja expect?"

At any rate it seems there's generic ivermectine anyways so most of this seems moot and or academic

I also wouldn't call charging higher prices for new drugs a strength.  Capitalism works well for most things, but not so much in the health sector.    

• Thanks 1