Coronavirus: Already In a Neighborhood Near You

chasfh

I am nominating Canada for "least organized" on administration of the 3rd vaccine, after a performance that was excellent on the first 2.  It is chaotic, because the distribution locations were dismantled last fall before Omicron and quite rightly so.  As for self-testing kits, forget it, you can't get one.

Having said that, I am curious about how the United States would be judged to be "most organized"...what were the empirical measurements, compared to which other countries?

I'm not sure it's been "proven false".  The Statement from SCOTUS says Justice Sonia Sotomayor didn't ask Gorsuch to wear a mask.  The tweet I posted and you quoted didn't make that claim either.

it no wonder conservatives have a credibility problem.  They can't read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, oblong said:

I'm not sure it's been "proven false".  The Statement from SCOTUS says Justice Sonia Sotomayor didn't ask Gorsuch to wear a mask.  The tweet I posted and you quoted didn't make that claim either.

it no wonder conservatives have a credibility problem.  They can't read.

roberts came out and said he never asked the justices to wear masks, thus proving the report false.

i mean, sotomayor and gorsuch issued a joint statement saying it was bullshit and that they're friends and even though they disagree on the law they still get along.  then the chief issued a separate statement.  so it obviously struck a chord with everyone involved.

im sure nothing will happen to nina totenberg for giving a false report.

yes, you are right.  that's it.  They can do no wrong.  CNN also reported it too.

Fox News of the left?  Get real.  That's an absurd statement.

Maybe Roberts lied?  It's funny that they come back from break all wearing masks except Gorsuch.  It's because he's an asshole.  Nice Catholic Jesuit he is... eh?

My opinion's unchanged.   It's the polite thing to do around a co worker and he's not polite.  She took the high road.  Conservatives don't know what that is.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Libs think NPR can do no wrong, Fox news of the left.

I hear NPR occasionally and they are definitely not Fox News of the left.  They actually seem to be right in the center.  I was actually expecting them to be more extreme because my even more liberal than me co-workers and friends like it so much, but I don't find them extreme at all.   I would say Huffingpost is Fox News of the left.   

15 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I hear NPR occasionally and they are definitely not Fox News of the left.  They actually seem to be right in the center.  I was actually expecting them to be more extreme because my even more liberal than me co-workers and friends like it so much, but I don't find them extreme at all.   I would say Huffingpost is Fox News of the left.   

npr is not fox news of the left, but they are to the left of most americans.

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

yes, you are right.  that's it.  They can do no wrong.  CNN also reported it too.

Maybe Roberts lied?  It's funny that they come back from break all wearing masks except Gorsuch.  It's because he's an asshole.  Nice Catholic Jesuit he is... eh?

My opinion's unchanged.   It's the polite thing to do around a co worker and he's not polite.  She took the high road.  Conservatives don't know what that is.

Well, CNN and everyone else just did what all media does now, report what others report, not what they can source.

NPR, in terms of news reporting is about down the middle as you can get though, so that line is pretty funny from Tigerholic.

My guess based on the response from the court today, Totenburg had a source that said Sotomayor was really concerned about Covid and really didn't want to be around anyone, especially if they were not masked up, possibly even with the understanding that she relayed that concern to Roberts.  Sotomayor decides not to go into the court room, making that decision on her own.  Gorsuch knows Sotomayor isn't going to be there anyway,  no one else made any mention about a concern so he follows the science that vaccinated people without symptoms pose little risk to each other and chooses not to wear it. Totenburg see's Gorsuch without one and no Sotomayor in attendance and assumes Sotomayor stayed away because of Gorsuch.

28 minutes ago, oblong said:

LOL I was seeing if that would get you.

They do a decent job but the stories they run with make me scratch my head. I was listening a month or so ago and they did a story about parents suing a school district because they want their "Son" who identifies as a girl to play on the girls basketball team. How is that newsworthy?

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

npr is not fox news of the left, but they are to the left of most americans.

In terms of actual reporting, I think they are among the best.  In terms of what they choose to report, you definitely have more journalistic anecdotes which I guess you can say 'tug at your heart' and would be considered more liberal supporting.  

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

In terms of actual reporting, I think they are among the best.  In terms of what they choose to report, you definitely have more journalistic anecdotes which I guess you can say 'tug at your heart' and would be considered more liberal supporting.  

yeah, I think their news reporting is quite balanced and intelligent.  

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

that political bias chart in that website has npr skewing further to the left than fox does to the right. 

That is not what I see on the chart.  NPR is very close to the center while Fox is wide right.  Are you confusing Fox Business with Fox News?  

11 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

LOL I was seeing if that would get you.

They do a decent job but the stories they run with make me scratch my head. I was listening a month or so ago and they did a story about parents suing a school district because they want their "Son" who identifies as a girl to play on the girls basketball team. How is that newsworthy?

why shouldn't it be?  What's wrong with that story?  I see those kinds of things all the time.  What makes something newsworthy?