General Tiger Discussion

oblong

19 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

And where do you get a custom reversable baseball mitt?

Sporting goods companies will do the customizing.  A relation was born missing 2 fingers on each hand.  I don't know how the contacts originated, but he was supplied with a custom made mitt for his youth games.  I'm not sure if he is still playing baseball or not (high school age).

Doug Fister claimed he could throw from the other side just as well, but he never tried in competition - at least not with the Tigers. The strength of 'handedness' does vary in the population. We all know people who are useless with their off hand, and some people who are nearly perfectly ambidextrous, but I'd guess there are not many of the latter.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Savannah's a nice place (to visit). Short drive to HHI...

The Banana gig looked like a one night stand... 

1 hour ago, Toddwert said:

Im sure they loved him in Savannah for his MAGAness and he probably need to pay for his DWI

1 hour ago, theroundsquare said:

I wonder if Johnny's wife thinks that Savannah is more cosmopolitan than Detroit

Svannah is baseball's version of the globetrotters so they play more games on the road that home. 

Chantam County, GA, home of Savannah, went for Biden

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 9:57 AM, gehringer_2 said:

Doug Fister claimed he could throw from the other side just as well, but he never tried in competition - at least not with the Tigers. The strength of 'handedness' does vary in the population. We all know people who are useless with their off hand, and some people who are nearly perfectly ambidextrous, but I'd guess there are not many of the latter.

My brother is ambidextrous but there certain things he does better with a specific hand than others. Like he bowls left handed but throws a baseball right handed. Bats right handed but golf's left handed, writes left handed but uses utensils with his right hand. Never understood it.