2022 Trade Deadline

RatkoVarda

16 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Since Avila was demanding Gleyber Torres for either Boyd or Fulmer...

I think you and everyone else stating this is full of it.

Ok...I'll take your faith in Al for it, how dare us baseball rubes question his imaculate track record and net results

cat-love-you.gif

Edited by Dtrain72

36 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Who says the team is being torn down?

And more to the point: PROVE that the team is being torn down.

Because otherwise... just Pure Hyperbole.

the article said they were trying to trade "just about everyone."

what does that mean to you?

Just now, buddha said:

It said they were willing to trade just about everyone.  That is not the same as trying.

really, what is there to tear down?  

1 minute ago, buddha said:

It says they are "willing to trade just about everyone", not "trying".

It doesn't change my feelings about trading Skubal, but being willing to trade and trying to trade aren't the same thing 

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

It said they were willing to trade just about everyone.  That is not the same as trying.

really, what is there to tear down?  

I'd have to go back and read the article, but it isn't even clear that Skubal's name was included in any direct quotes as well.

Just wonder if there's less there than the typical due diligence that you see from a GM in a selling posture

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'd have to go back and read the article, but it isn't even clear that Skubal's name was included in any direct quotes as well.

Just wonder if there's less there than the typical due diligence that you see from a GM in a selling posture

Screenshot_20220726-185424_The Athletic.jpg

Torkelson is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Baez is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Greene is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Manning is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

E-Rod is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Baddoo is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Mize is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Brieske is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Skubal is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

If it's anyone else on the 25 aside from those listed above... I could give a crap anyways. Dumping Barnhart, Schoop. Fulmer, Chafin, 1 or 2 Castrei, Grossman, Soto, Jimenez AND Reyes is not tearing anything down. It's dumping underperformers or sell-highs for whatever we can get and to move new blood onto the 25. Which I am perfectly fine with.

If THAT's the tear down... then DO it Al.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Torkelson is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Baez is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Greene is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Manning is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

E-Rod is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Baddoo is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Mize is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Brieske is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

Skubal is already traded? Please tell me what we traded him for because I haven't seen anything on that.

If it's anyone else on the 25 aside from those listed above... I could give a crap anyways. Dumping Barnhart, Schoop. Fulmer, Chafin, 1 or 2 Castrei, Grossman, Soto, Jimenez AND Reyes is not tearing anything down. It's dumping underperformers or sell-highs for whatever we can get and to move new blood onto the 25. Which I am perfectly fine with.

If THAT's the tear down... then DO it Al.

lol.  you are amazing.  🙂

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I didn't see a direct quote in there about Skubal, but I did some speculation about Skubal

were you expecting a direct quote from al avila that he's trading everyone?  

you dont have access to the article so i just showed you what it said.

Just now, buddha said:

were you expecting a direct quote from al avila that he's trading everyone?  

you dont have access to the article so i just showed you what it said.

I do have access to the article and I read it earlier.

I would have expected one of these reps from rival orgs to mention Skubal directly by name. You would figure if Rosenthal got a quote from a GM saying that Al told him "Skubal is on the block", he would have printed it. That's not really what we got here.

Doesn't mean that the team wouldn't seriously trade Skubal, but the article seems pretty vague and speculative to me

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

I do have access to the article and I read it earlier.

I would have expected one of these reps from rival orgs to mention Skubal directly by name. You would figure if Rosenthal got a quote from a GM saying that Al told him "Skubal is on the block", he would have printed it. That's not really what we got here.

Doesn't mean that the team wouldn't seriously trade Skubal, but the article seems pretty vague and speculative to me

"gave us a blanket that just about everyone is available".

multiple execs saying theyre willing to trade him.

that's about as much of a direct quote as youre gonna get from a "major league exec."

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

"gave us a blanket that just about everyone is available".

multiple execs saying theyre willing to trade him.

that's about as much of a direct quote as youre gonna get from a "major league exec."

I'm sure multiple execs have absolutely no motivation for leaking their thoughts and speculations to the press. None whatsoever lol

Edited by mtutiger

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm sure multiple execs have absolutely no motivation for leaking their thoughts and speculations to the press. None whatsoever lol

what would be the motivation for another exec to say that?

its more likely that avila said it or some agent said it.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

what would be the motivation for another exec to say that?

its more likely that avila said it or some agent said it.

I dont know who said what.

The only direct quote in the story that I saw was about Avila giving a blanket quote about everyone being available. Not specific to Skubal. And then another sentence from another exec "speculating" about Skubal.

Fans are going to freak out because it's what they do whenever Rosenthal or someone of his stature writes something (and for good reason, they do great work), but I dont know if this one article alone indicates the kind of aggressiveness to trade Skubal that people seem to be thinking it does.

Feel free to disagree, it was my thought when I read it before and I still think that, and it's part of why I don't think he ultimately gets dealt. I take the "willing to trade everyone" comment seriously, but I dont know if teams will ultimately pay the price for Skubal, which I would imagine would be high.

Edited by mtutiger