2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Biden challenges his lies all the time. The networks don't want to cover it. 

yeah - the admin is talking all the time - but it doesn't cut through the noise. If it doesn't bleed it don't lead and good news is boring.

The GOP has captive media, the left has media dedicated to false equivalency to protect their journalistic virginity.

Edited by gehringer_2

27 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Biden challenges his lies all the time. The networks don't want to cover it. 

I didn't say he failed to challenge lies.  I said he's a poor communicator.  

42 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Both-siders and independents will be quick to point the finger at the mainstream media for this, meaning at anyone that's not the right-wing media universe. But I would bet you dollars to dimes that if we could break down the responses based on where people get their information, we'd see numbers a lot closer to the truth among consumers of MSM than among consumers of RWM.

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Both-siders and independents will be quick to point the finger at the mainstream media for this, meaning at anyone that's not the right-wing media universe. But I would bet you dollars to dimes that if we could break down the responses based on where people get their information, we'd see numbers a lot closer to the truth among consumers of MSM than among consumers of RWM.

I imagine the other aspect is that you have a big slice of people  - our so-called low information folks ----but let me amend that - maybe not low information per se but low quality of information. They watch their local TV station's half hour happy talk at 6, or hang out on social media without ever actually going to primary sources like 'real' MSM. 

I have a couple of MAGA relatives telling me to stop worrying about my 'feelings' and vote for the 'better economy.' On the average, is this why many of us prefer Biden over Trump? Do they really think it's because our feelings are hurt? I'm curious about what the rest of you are seeing.

31 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

I have a couple of MAGA relatives telling me to stop worrying about my 'feelings' and vote for the 'better economy.' On the average, is this why many of us prefer Biden over Trump? Do they really think it's because our feelings are hurt? I'm curious about what the rest of you are seeing.

Trump just isn't fit to serve.  I don't necessarily with everyone about Biden.  But given the choice between the two, its a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, casimir said:

Trump just isn't fit to serve.  I don't necessarily with everyone about Biden.  But given the choice between the two, its a no brainer.

Definitely. For me, Biden and I differ on quite a few things-still closer to my views than a 'sane' version of Drumpf would be tbh. That Biden's not a megalomaniac makes the choice even easier.

How much of 2022 inflation was just pent up and delayed by COVID... That is to say, if the world didn't grind to a halt in 2020, would there have been extreme inflation from the Trump policies that year? Food for thought...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

How much of 2022 inflation was just pent up and delayed by COVID... That is to say, if the world didn't grind to a halt in 2020, would there have been extreme inflation from the Trump policies that year? Food for thought...

Grid willing we will never find out.

1 hour ago, LaceyLou said:

If you want to see someone get wrapped up in their feelings, just ask a right winger a question about guns, the American flag or the Bible.  

• Like 1

We can look forward to Bureau of Prisons goons are lined up to protect the Lincoln Monument from the people protesting White Christian Nationalism being sharpied into the Constitution. 

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Trumpies will be so angry when the next series of BLM protests occur against his federalized police force brutalities.  

If/when they do that, protesters will die. Simple as that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

As long as the Fed continues to place massive currency orders (Trump and Biden) inflation will continue.

image.png.622886a14a831617227821e4082ac566.png

Edited by Tigeraholic1