07/16/2022 4:10 EDT Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Guardians

casimir

I can’t see that the Tigers have anyone at all in the futures game. So we have no future. The future is usually that which will be, which is predictable, foreseeable.

But the French have a second word for the future, L’avenir (to come), which refers to something whose arrival is totally unexpected and unpredictable. It’s a future that is, if not more pleasant, at least more interesting. But we’re not French, so we’re screwed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I can’t see that the Tigers have anyone at all in the futures game. So we have no future. The future is usually that which will be, which is predictable, foreseeable.

But the French have a second word for the future, L’avenir (to come), which refers to something whose arrival is totally unexpected and unpredictable. It’s a future that is, if not more pleasant, at least more interesting. But we’re not French, so we’re screwed.

I think they have Dingler and two others there.

55 minutes ago, 1776 said:

If the Tigers can carry todays momentum into tomorrows game they still have a really good chance of stealing last place in the division from KC before the AS break. 

I’d like to see more Grossman and Barnhardt in the lineup.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Today was a good day for a long hike in the remote wilderness of New Hampshire.  

Tonight my wife and I walked across the street for drinks with 6 other friends from the street, which we haven't done in about 15 years.  It was just great, I did not think about the 2022 Tigers even once.

11 hours ago, kdog said:

The issues with Candelario have been there since the beginning of the season.  He's been swinging at bad pitches and making weak contact all season.  The Tigers should have sent him down a long time ago.  Extended time off around the all star break is not going to make the difference.  It's astonishing how poorly run this team is.  

15 hours ago, buddha said:

as opposed to the other side of board who thinks hinch is basically hitler in a track suit because of the astros scandal?

I don't think there are two distinct sides of the board in regards to Hinch.  And I don't think anyone considers him Hitler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hart said:

The issues with Candelario have been there since the beginning of the season.  He's been swinging at bad pitches and making weak contact all season.  The Tigers should have sent him down a long time ago.  Extended time off around the all star break is not going to make the difference.  It's astonishing how poorly run this team is.  

Does Candelario have any options left?

Edited by casimir

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

By the way, was today the 13th shutout? 

Yes, and in the 92nd game of the season. They are already one of 725 teams, out of almost 3,000 teams in the modern era, to be shut out that many times in an entire season.

They are on track to be shut out 23 times, which would make them one of just 38 teams in history to be shut out that much in a season, and the first since 69-93 1978 Braves.

The 57-105 2019 Marlins were shut out 22 times.

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yes, and in the 92nd game of the season. They are already one of 725 teams, out of almost 3,000 teams in the modern era, to be shut out that many times in an entire season.

They are on track to be shut out 23 times, which would make them one of just 38 teams in history to be shut out that much in a season, and the first since 69-93 1978 Braves.

The 57-105 2019 Marlins were shut out 22 times.

Oh yeah, everything is fine.  Al's good.  Rebuild is over.    Yay !!!!!!!!!